Topic: Decrease the item from stock spent in the service

I use component from stock (item for work in progress) for doing services.
Conclusion: I sell services but I spend inventory item.
How can I decrease the item from stock spent in the service?
For take the item from stock, I need use the invoice but I cannot use because the invoice is about the service, not about the item, I not sell the item, but I need decrease the item quantity.
The adjustment is not appropriate
Thank you for help

Re: Decrease the item from stock spent in the service

I am not sure I fully understand your problem.
If you need stock accounting for service items, you will have to set tham as purchased, not service.
If you want more help, please be more specific. F.i. give an example of what you want to do.

/Joe

3 (edited by jose manuel 01/18/2012 09:10:02 am)

It´s about construction services

I sell / invoice, services surfacing in square meters (m2) using a component or product from stock in kg

If I need invoice that service in m2,  I need have a item in service in m2 and is that item it is decreased with the invoice.

As I use a item (cement) (component or product) units in kg for made a service make in square meters (m2) (surfacing)

The item I use to made the surfacing is in kg and how can decrease if I don´t sell the item by it self but transformed in surfacing in m2

The assembly/manufacture does not work because the quantity of kg needed for the m2 made are not allways the same is variable.

I need to decrease from stock the item  I´ve purchased  is in kg.

The only way to decrease from inventory is invoicing? but I never invoice the item I have purchased,  I transform them

I hope made me understand. Very thanks

There may be some topics on this subject. Please do a search.

/Joe

you have two issues. 1. it a how to change unit of measures 2. how to release the difference between economical calculation and fact. it is a accounting problem. (IMHO)

Thanks Joe maybe you are right but I don´t find anything equal . I have read practically all post in this category.

AFAIK there are very few ways to decrease a item quantity
Invoice: not applies
Kit invoice: not applies
Manufacture work order: not applies
Inventory adjustment: not very properly but we can use that way

If exists best ways please let me know.

Thank you anyway.
I use FA for 3 years and it´s the best account application. Congratulations

HI jose manuel, tell me please this topic would has a just accounting or managerial accounting or just commercial result. what goals you pursue?

Is needed for stock control.
If i buy a product, if I don´t sell the product, the product is always in stock.
But the product is not in stock because is spent with services.
Invoice the item sold is only the service not the product
I need update the quantity of the product, insert the cost in an account, the product does not exist anymore in stock, but I never invoice the product.

9 (edited by intelicasa 04/01/2012 12:39:22 pm)

Hi Jose ,
Did you find a solution ?
I was thinking that Contract method would solve your problem. You release a quotation to your customer.If it is accepted, it is transformed in Contract . The BOM of contract will contain man-hr , cement -kg , paint - l ..and so on. With each day working against contract , you'll post your consumption (today we use 80 man-hr (category A) + 1000 kg X cement +..)
All these will deplete your stock . At the end of contract you'll be able to see your price variation together with what you estimate vs what you spent..and so on.
Maybe you'll think that a routing of your BOM shall consume man-hr..but I use this trick  to add man-hr to BOM and buy them from workers(suppliers)
Unfortunately , I'm facing same issue . I cannot find a way to set up contract..and also to run MRP against production orders or contracts.

If you already solved this , please let me know ur sollution!
Thanks

I have come late to this but what I do is create an inventory item for hours worked and give it a sales price.  When I create a quote I add all the items I am going to use but with a zero sales price.  I add an entry for the estimated hours worked with a sales price.  Your quote then has a value of the hours to be worked.  When it is delivered the items you included from your inventory are taken from the stock.  So your stock has been depleted, the cost of sales has been recorded (ie. the cost of purchase) and your revenue is your hours worked (mm2 in your case).  The difference between Cost of Sales and Revenue is your profit

Hope this helps