Topic: big large session files in the tmp folder like 4 to 9 MB=Megabyte.

hi
i am having a problem of a big large session files in the tmp folder like 4 to 9 MB=Megabyte.
today about 200 file with a range of 4 MB to 9 MB about 1GB for one day, maaaaan thats too bad.
how can i solve that.
thanks

Re: big large session files in the tmp folder like 4 to 9 MB=Megabyte.

Check your other applications - session files generated during FA interaction have some 30-50kB  up to 100kB, not a couple of megabytes. I cannot guess what is the problem here. Maybe you can send a sample session file for further investigation?

Janusz

hello
thanks for contacting i am attaching a file that is larger then 15MB compressed with zip to 3.8MB

her is the link

http://www.nemrano.com/sample_s.zip

have fun every one smile

This might be due your language-file.
I have the same problems using other languages.

Try to switch to english and watch your sess*-files

I have overlooked the thread long time ago.
Yes, seems the problem arise on systems without native gettext installed.
Sledge, as I have gettext installed on all my boxes, I rely on you when debugging the problem. I will send a copy of changed file on your email registered at FA forum. Please test whether it fix the problem.
Janusz

I've closed the fiscal year 2011 this morning. Not a real big job. Within a hour there was the tmp-folder >700 MB (!!!)

Anyway, I recieved a notifiaction about this topic, but didn't see any files in my inbox.(*)
It might be needfull knowing I'm running version 2.3.5 right now with the most updated Dutch and Belgium language files.

I'm thinking about updating soon to 2.3.9 because of the 100% transalation erwindebruin made ( https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=1707 ). Problem is that the layout of the invoice is changed again in the new version and it is no fun tweaking this again.

(*) Update: I've found the mail in my junk folder. I'll give it a try.

7 (edited by sledge 01/13/2012 02:46:52 pm)

Janusz,

First of all, no problem for contacting me directly.
I'll reply here, because the discussion might be interesting for you never know who.

However, I've installed your file and the info I can give you is short and simple .... all and every page give the same error
"Fatal error: Call to a member function has_key() on a non-object in /**path**/includes/lang/gettext.php on line 404"

8 (edited by sledge 01/18/2012 02:01:00 pm)

Okay,

I'm running a fresh install (not a update/upgrade) of version 3.5.9 now, with the latest Dutch language file as default.

**1** Not only the huge amount of big sess*-files are a problem, because of them the PHP memory_limit is a bitch too. I've had to set it manually to 256M (Nope, 128 was not enough).

**2** The first translation in /FA/lang/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES/nl_NL-2.3.0-3.php is

'' => 'Seems that system upgrade to version 2.1 has 
\t\t\tbeen performed for this company already.<br> If something has gone 
\t\t\twrong and you want to retry upgrade process you MUST perform 
\t\t\tdatabase restore from last backup file first.Het lijkt erop dat systeem upgrade naar versie 2.1
\t\t\treeds is uitgevoerd voor dit bedrijf.<br> Als er iets is misgegaan en u 
\t\t\twilt het opnieuw proberen MOET u eerst de database herstellen van de 
\t\t\tlaatste veiligheidskopie.',

It looks to me as an translation-bug. If not, by now people should have upgraded from v2.1. Anyway, this text is causing the sess*-files to grow even much bigger. I've deleted this line from my language file.

**3** I've tested the file you've mailed me again.
With debug set to 0, I'm only getting empty pages, with an empty source too, so no output at all
With debug set to 1 or 2, I'm getting this error message "PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function has_key() on a non-object in /**path**/includes/lang/gettext.php on line 404"
But .... the sess*-files are pretty small.

I gave it a new shot with translation v2.3.9.-1

It gave me a new one-time error output after login.

Undefined offset: 0 in file: /**path**/fa/includes/lang/gettext.php on line569
/**path**/fa/includes/hooks.inc:307:     set_ext_domain()
/**path**/fa/includes/hooks.inc:400:     hook_invoke_last('authenticate','**username**','**password**')
/**path**/fa/includes/current_user.inc:71:     hook_authenticate('**username**','**password**')
/**path**/fa/includes/session.inc:374:     (current_user Object)->login('1','**username**','**password**')
/**path**/fa/index.php:18:     include_once('/**path**/fa/includes/session.inc')

/**path**/fa/includes/hooks.inc:265:     set_ext_domain()
/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(customers_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/customers.php:79:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:77:     (customers_app Object)->customers_app()
/**path**/fa/includes/session.inc:390:     (front_accounting Object)->init()
/**path**/fa/index.php:18:     include_once('/**path**/fa/includes/session.inc')

/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(suppliers_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/suppliers.php:54:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:78:     (suppliers_app Object)->suppliers_app()

/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(inventory_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/inventory.php:58:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:79:     (inventory_app Object)->inventory_app()

/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(manufacturing_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/manufacturing.php:40:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:80:     (manufacturing_app Object)->manufacturing_app()

/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(general_ledger_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/generalledger.php:78:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:82:     (general_ledger_app Object)->general_ledger_app()

/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:84:     hook_invoke_all('install_tabs',(front_accounting Object))

/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(setup_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/setup.php:79:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:86:     (setup_app Object)->setup_app()

/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(customers_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/customers.php:79:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:77:     (customers_app Object)->customers_app()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:61:     (front_accounting Object)->init()
/**path**/fa/index.php:25:     (front_accounting Object)->display()

/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(suppliers_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/suppliers.php:54:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:78:     (suppliers_app Object)->suppliers_app()

/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(inventory_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/inventory.php:58:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:79:     (inventory_app Object)->inventory_app()

/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(manufacturing_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/manufacturing.php:40:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:80:     (manufacturing_app Object)->manufacturing_app()

/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(general_ledger_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/generalledger.php:78:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:82:     (general_ledger_app Object)->general_ledger_app()

/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:84:     hook_invoke_all('install_tabs',(front_accounting Object))

/**path**/fa/applications/application.php:140:     hook_invoke_all('install_options',(setup_app Object))
/**path**/fa/applications/setup.php:79:     (application Object)->add_extensions()
/**path**/fa/frontaccounting.php:86:     (setup_app Object)->setup_app()

After this error it falls back on the error messages shown in my replies above.

Hope this helps!

Sledge, sorry for long delay, seems I have overlooked the thread is still alive.
Seems my patch was buggy - sorry, I have no possibility to test FA on the box without gettext installed, so you will have to wait a little for final solution. In mean time you can eventually try to install native gettext system which should definitely solve the problem (see http://pl.php.net/manual/en/gettext.installation.php).
Janusz

Tnx for your reply Janusz.
I'm not working on my own server, so I can't install gettext.

Does it help if I create an other installation for testing purpose, with FTP access (and phpmyadmin if needed) ?

Please test the latest FA release. This issue should be fixed now. If not, please contact me and we can continue debugging.

Janusz

13 (edited by sledge 02/10/2012 12:47:07 am)

Hi there,

My personal life is like a typhoon right now. As soon as the sun is shining again, I'll give it a go  and let you know.
Thanks in advance & keep up the good work.

so ..... back again ..... updated to version 2.3.10, the problem seems to be solved.

Tnx for everything and keep up the good work !!

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm having the exact same issues here.

My account got suspended because punBB created 1000s of session files in the /tmp folder. The problem is that I can't just upgrade to a new version as I built my site on top of punBB.
I just need to know what I should change(which files) in order to prevent this.

I would really appreciate if someone could push me in the right direction,
Thanks a lot!

Are you sure you are addressing the right forum. You are talking about Punbb. This is a forum from Punbb, but we are discussing FrontAccounting in this forum, right? smile

/Joe

joe wrote:

Are you sure you are addressing the right forum. You are talking about Punbb. This is a forum from Punbb, but we are discussing FrontAccounting in this forum, right? smile

/Joe

Lol, I think so because it's exactly the same problem I have with my site....just wondering what I culd change to get my site back up.