Topic: Mixture of InnoDB and MyISAM type for FA MySQL tables

Can anyone please explain why FA using different types of table ie. either InnoDB or MyISAM in MySQL. Is there a need to change one type to another in term of performance?

Please advice which type shall I change from to another if there is a need and can boost performance and processing speed.

Thank you very much.

Re: Mixture of InnoDB and MyISAM type for FA MySQL tables

We are changing to InnoDB for all tables in release 2.4 (next major)

/Joe

Joe, thanks for your info.

Joe

my webhosting is now disabling innodb engine. they say that is heavy on cpu and ram resources. can i convert innodb tables to myisam?

will there be any problem? since my usage of frontaccounting is not high. very few transaction per day.

thanks in advance. looking for early reply.

We would not recommend this. FrontAccounting is using transactions to handle the multi-user environment. If using myisam for the tables that should be innodb, we loose the ability to have multi-user operation.
I would recommend you to move to another hosting service.

/Joe

Joe,

We have several times heard of FA 2.4 release. But everything is kept in the intrigue. Please give us (community) a couple of words about new features, changes, release time e.t.c. -)

uma wrote:

Joe,

We have several times heard of FA 2.4 release. But everything is kept in the intrigue. Please give us (community) a couple of words about new features, changes, release time e.t.c. -)

Why not starting a new topic for this ?