Topic: Instal/Update

Why I can't use Instal/update Language, Instal/update Extension, Instal/update Themes, and instal/update chart of account.? I used/instaled Frontaccounting V 2.3.9 in local computer, of course I have internet connection. When I try to click all of Instal/update show message error like this :

This webpage is not available
The connection to localhost was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the

Re: Instal/Update

I ALSO HAVE SAME PROBLEM.Can you please Help US

Why I can't use Instal/update Language, Instal/update Extension, Instal/update Themes, and instal/update chart of account.? I used/instaled Frontaccounting V 2.3.9 in local computer, of course I have internet connection. When I try to click all of Instal/update show message error like this :
This webpage is not available
The connection to localhost was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the

3 (edited by lena 12/30/2011 01:19:07 pm)

hi, i just fix my problem by my self with spending about 12hours experimenting.Please go to Php.ini file and replace the extentions with the following.extension=php_mbstring.dllextension=php_bz2.dllextension=php_curl.dllextension=php_dba.dllextension=php_dbase.dllextension=php_exif.dllextension=php_fdf.dllextension=php_filepro.dllextension=php_gd2.dllextension=php_gettext.dllextension=php_ifx.dllextension=php_imap.dllextension=php_interbase.dllextension=php_ldap.dllextension=php_mbstring.dllextension=php_mcrypt.dllextension=php_mhash.dllextension=php_mime_magic.dllextension=php_ming.dllextension=php_mssql.dllextension=php_msql.dllextension=php_mysql.dllextension=php_oci8.dllextension=php_openssl.dllextension=php_oracle.dllextension=php_pgsql.dllextension=php_shmop.dllextension=php_snmp.dllextension=php_sockets.dllextension=php_sqlite.dllextension=php_sybase_ct.dllextension=php_tidy.dllextension=php_xmlrpc.dllextension=php_xsl.dllextension=php_pdo.dllextension=php_pdo_sqlite.dllextension=php_winbinder.dllThis Solved my problem and i hope this can solve your Problem too.I can send you Fixed php.ini file in email if you need one.its my whole php.ini file that you can replace and i hope problem will be solved.[PHP];;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; About php.ini   ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; PHP's initialization file, generally called php.ini, is responsible for; configuring many of the aspects of PHP's behavior.; PHP attempts to find and load this configuration from a number of locations.; The following is a summary of its search order:; 1. SAPI module specific location.; 2. The PHPRC environment variable. (As of PHP 5.2.0); 3. A number of predefined registry keys on Windows (As of PHP 5.2.0); 4. Current working directory (except CLI); 5. The web server's directory (for SAPI modules), or directory of PHP; (otherwise in Windows); 6. The directory from the --with-config-file-path compile time option, or the; Windows directory (C:\windows or C:\winnt); See the PHP docs for more specific information.; http://php.net/configuration.file; The syntax of the file is extremely simple.  Whitespace and Lines; beginning with a semicolon are silently ignored (as you probably guessed).; Section headers (e.g. [Foo]) are also silently ignored, even though; they might mean something in the future. ; Directives following the section heading [PATH=/www/mysite] only; apply to PHP files in the /www/mysite directory.  Directives; following the section heading [HOST=www.example.com] only apply to; PHP files served from www.example.com.  Directives set in these; special sections cannot be overridden by user-defined INI files or; at runtime. Currently, [PATH=] and [HOST=] sections only work under; CGI/FastCGI.; http://php.net/ini.sections; Directives are specified using the following syntax:; directive = value; Directive names are *case sensitive* - foo=bar is different from FOO=bar.; Directives are variables used to configure PHP or PHP extensions.; There is no name validation.  If PHP can't find an expected; directive because it is not set or is mistyped, a default value will be used.; The value can be a string, a number, a PHP constant (e.g. E_ALL or M_PI), one; of the INI constants (On, Off, True, False, Yes, No and None) or an expression; (e.g. E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE), a quoted string (

Thanks lena,

We will improve the System Diagnostics (used before install), to trap the needed PHP extensions in php.ini, that is needed by FA. This way we should minimize these nasty installation errors.

/Joe

Hi Lena,

Could you please send me php.ini that has been updated to activate instal/update to my email? please send to andriana.cdc@gmail.com.

Many Thanks for your help

Well, this is not a good idea, because I use various PHP version, depending on which project I am working on.

But I can list a couple of extensions here from the php.ini that I use for the FA:

;extension=php_bz2.dll
;extension=php_curl.dll
;extension=php_dba.dll
;extension=php_dbase.dll
;extension=php_exif.dll
;extension=php_fdf.dll
extension=php_gd2.dll
extension=php_gettext.dll
extension=php_gtk.dll
;extension=php_gmp.dll
;extension=php_ifx.dll
extension=php_imap.dll
;extension=php_interbase.dll
;extension=php_ldap.dll
extension=php_mbstring.dll
;extension=php_mcrypt.dll
;extension=php_mhash.dll
;extension=php_mime_magic.dll
;extension=php_ming.dll
;extension=php_msql.dll
extension=php_mssql.dll
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll
;extension=php_oci8.dll
extension=php_openssl.dll
extension=php_pdo.dll
;extension=php_pdo_firebird.dll
;extension=php_pdo_mssql.dll
extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll
;extension=php_pdo_oci.dll
;extension=php_pdo_oci8.dll
;extension=php_pdo_odbc.dll
;extension=php_pdo_pgsql.dll
;extension=php_pdo_sqlite.dll
extension=php_pgsql.dll
extension=php_pspell.dll
;extension=php_shmop.dll
;extension=php_snmp.dll
;extension=php_soap.dll
;extension=php_sockets.dll
extension=php_sqlite.dll
;extension=php_sybase_ct.dll
;extension=php_tidy.dll
extension=php_xmlrpc.dll
;extension=php_xsl.dll
extension=php_zip.dll
extension=win32std.dll

You probably don't need them all.

/Joe

Joe,

I don't understand what should I do to solve my problem?

Thanks,

Compare the active extensions (those without the ; in front) with your own.

/Joe

Joe,

Thanks before, But I am still can't solve my problem. Bellow my extension in php.

;extension=php_bz2.dll
;extension=php_curl.dll
;extension=php_fileinfo.dll
extension=php_gd2.dll
extension=php_gettext.dll
;extension=php_gmp.dll
;extension=php_intl.dll
extension=php_imap.dll
;extension=php_interbase.dll
;extension=php_ldap.dll
extension=php_mbstring.dll
;extension=php_exif.dll      ; Must be after mbstring as it depends on it
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll
;extension=php_oci8.dll      ; Use with Oracle 10gR2 Instant Client
;extension=php_oci8_11g.dll  ; Use with Oracle 11g Instant Client
extension=php_openssl.dll
;extension=php_pdo_firebird.dll
;extension=php_pdo_mssql.dll
extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll
;extension=php_pdo_oci.dll
;extension=php_pdo_odbc.dll
;extension=php_pdo_pgsql.dll
;extension=php_pdo_sqlite.dll
extension=php_pgsql.dll
;extension=php_phar.dll
extension=php_pspell.dll
;extension=php_shmop.dll
;extension=php_soap.dll
;extension=php_sockets.dll
extension=php_sqlite.dll
;extension=php_sqlite3.dll
;extension=php_sybase_ct.dll
;extension=php_tidy.dll
extension=php_xmlrpc.dll
;extension=php_xsl.dll
extension=php_zip.dll

There is no special requirement to php extension beside openssl to access extension repository, so I guess the problem is related to some other settings. Also the message mentioned in the first post does not appear to be generated by FA code. It rather suggest some external problems with conenction to repo.frontaccounting.com
Janusz