Topic: Payroll module

hi there, i was trying to include a payroll module in the current stable version and i could use some help from anyone who is willing to help.

Re: Payroll module

Hello,
Good idea. I was looking some time ago after the payroll software which can be easily integrated into FA. To not reinvent the wheel I suggest you to get look into Payroll project on Sourceforge. This is LAMP based software with very FA alike user interface philosophy, and it is compact. Of course it needs rewriting the code to make it consistent with the rest of FA source, but at least you have ready to use database tables structure.
If you want to contribute the final payroll code to FA project, I can help you with advisory regarding FA framework. Contact me on: janusz at iron dot from dot pl.

Janusz

Hi I have recently starting exploring Front Accounting for my accounting firm. I am quite keen on integrating a payroll module in to FA. I have been looking at the Payroll script you have mentioned in your post. It does seem interesting and is quite simple. I am a self learned PHP and web developer. I would really like to get my hands dirty and would like to give this project a go. But I will need some help to get started with this project.
Please do let me know how could I get started?

I don't know what is current state of the mentioned project, but as far as I remember it was similar in design to FA. I would start by looking into database structure to find how it fit your requirements, make a list of desired features, consult the ideas on developers mailing list and finally rewrite the interface using FA framework. The Payroll seems to be simple enough to use such approach, in contrast to other more complex projects.

Janusz

What is the status of this proposed module? A payroll module would definitely round out the capabilities of FA. Thanks.

Nothing changed so far I'm affraid. The payroll system highly depends on local requirements, so we have not decided to start this development in main FA core.

Janusz