Topic: Cash sale/POS functionality 2

Hi everybody, I'm confused testing pos/cash functionality. i set a control parameters in setup for pos.
POS Name     Credit sale     Cash sale     Location             Default account    
Default23             Yes                     Yes             Centre               Cash machine 1
Default24             No                     Yes             Kazan              Cash machine 2
also there is user admin tied to User's POS: Default24.

I was thinking it means that Default24 can sale only for cash and after invoice, automatically creates payment and allocation. I prefer that configure default24 has no influence to default23 sale. But what was going on. When i (admin) create and performed B2B chain (location = centre) from quote .... invoice  and on last one payment terms (10 days after invoice) surprisingly turn into cash (payment type = cash) automatically and fa doesn't allow to change it. Also invoice form had a strange behaviour. When i tried to change location to Kazan it performed with contemporaneously changing of form to invoice-cash window.  I guess that it could be done from user setup, but i can not to do the same tuning on fa site testing instance, because it can be done just under admin account. is anybody who had the same problem? i prefer that rules for each pos attune separately. each pos have own rules for credit or not credit payment terms and it doesn't correspondent to other setup conditions. example: there is area with location stock and sales office. on sales office there is a counter for pos and cash machine. i wanna sale as from pos also b2b. in first it been sold for a cash, in second for bank transaction. i didn't see any restriction. may i am wrong. help me please.

Re: Cash sale/POS functionality 2

If your account has Default24 POS tied, constraints related to this POS are used during invoice issue.
Otherwise e.g. the salesman not allowed to make cash payments could issue cash invoices and receive money.

Janusz

Hi Janusz, thanks for answer. Very tricky case. I understood it that way. 1. There is location - it's mean stock and inventories 2. Around the location there are pos. It may be look likes sales desk and counter 3. All sales desk tied to their pos. 4. All pos's have the different right and rules to sale inventories. In pos set up i define the other conditions for sale. ok. I agree. But the same time i can change location and do the sale from other. What a sense to link pos and location? I had thought to consider pos as another type of dimension and accumulate revenue... But really i didn't understand a logic. Please give me another one clue to guess further. May be i observe a pos in a wrong way? What is that according to FA implementation?

Sirs once more. Very easy question. There is a link between pos and location. Does it have any influence for any FA business rules further? If yes, where? Or it just a link!!!!

I'm not sure what you consider unusual here, this seems rather logical for me. There are many situations when company posess a couple of inventories, and no all the goods are available from the inventory located at the same place as salesman office. Therefore inventory is considered only as default. Sales terms are another subject: the company owner not always want to give full credit to every salesman, so sometimes only cash sales is accepted, sometimes only delayed peayments, sometimes both.

Janusz
NB Keep it easy, we really like to be helpfull for everybody at this forum, but sometimes the real life need us outside virtual reality smile.
J.

All ok J. I'm fully satisfied. Key phrase was "inventory is considered only as default". It's enough. And real life is more important.

Hi , I might be stupid, but how do use the POS functionality ?

I set up a POS but what can I do with it ? I can't see anywhere where this is used ...

/Elax

'Point of sale' is just set of parameters which define environment in which user can perform sales. This is not sales terminal.

Janusz