Topic: slash marks in memo field

When I enter a name with an apostrophe (') like Lowe's in the memo field, it comes back as Lowe\'s

Not a big deal, but...

AM

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Re: slash marks in memo field

This has something to do with the spam injection avoidance we did a while ago. We had to escape all the database entry fields for html to avoid injections from spammers. Maybe Janusz can comment more on that.

/Joe

Could you point out the page where did you find the issue?
Janusz

This happens at > Banking and General Ledger  > Bank Account Payment Entry, I went to your demo site and tried it with the name Mount's in the memo field, got this error (below), I will get my test system updated so you can see, more later,

AM

DATABASE ERROR : The GL transaction could not be inserted
error code : 1064
error message : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's')' at line 3
sql that failed was : INSERT INTO 0_gl_trans ( type, type_no, tran_date, account, dimension_id, dimension2_id, memo_, amount, person_type_id, person_id) VALUES (1, 26, '2008/09/09', '1705', 0, 0, '', -25, 0, 'mount's')

OK, Janusz

I went to the test folder of almacennaval, and got a blank page, (whatever), So...

I put the updated scripts in a subdomain for both systems that I use, fatest.aljo2.com, and fatest.almacennaval.com, Using phpmyadmin I added your user name and password to fatest.aljo2.com, should work?

Here is the funny part, scripts are the same, only database is diff,

This small problem occurs on fatest.aljo2.com, but not on fatest.almacennaval.com

When you get time, it is not that big of a deal?

AM

Hi Alvin.
This bug finally have been fixed. CVS updated.

Janusz