Topic: How To remove some sales transactions

Hello Team

During testing and a bug fix, I have racked up some sales transactions that the system will not let me delete.

I may need to go in with phpMyAdmin and remove theses.

Please let me know how would be the best way to do this?

Thanks

AM

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Re: How To remove some sales transactions

The best and safest thing to do, is to void the sales transactions. You do that in Setup tab, Void transactions. First look in the inquiries to pick up the numbers first. Remember to void both sales invoice, delivery notes and sales orders. If there are GL postings and Inventory movements they will automatically be voided as well.
There are so many links between the tables that is is almost impossible to remember them all by doing this in phpMyAdmin.

/Joe
BTW, if you try to void a sales order, that is also a template, it will not be voided, but this has no influence over the critical postings.

After voiding sales order, sales invoice, and delivery note,  I go back to search all sales orders, and they are still there.

?

I have no templates

AM

But all the critical transactions are voided, right? GL Postings and Item movements and corresponding sales invoices and delivery notes?

The sales orders can be deleted by edit - cancel order, in sales order inquiry.

/Joe

I think critical is voided, It does not show on P&L now. I will know more later.

However when canceling sales order I get the error:

This order cannot be cancelled because some of it has already been invoiced or dispatched. However, the line item quantities may be modified.

?

AM

Well, Alvin, when we are in a catch 22 situation, it is good to be able to do this smile. We can then use the order for another occation, maybe use it as a template smile

/Joe

Thanks Joe,  I will try some of this, but no big deal, as the months go by they will be gone.

You have done a great job, My hat's off to the dev team!

Alvin