Topic: Location wise Financials

Hi,

I had set up different locations for a single company and like to generate P & L and Balance Sheet Location wise. I have also opened Dimensions for different locations through which I am capturing expenses and other transactions. But I am unable to link location with a specific dimension. Can it be done? Linking location with a specific dimension. This will help me to generate necessary reports for different locations.

Please help

Re: Location wise Financials

No it is not possible to link a deminsion to a location. But you can generate a report, under Item and Inventory reports. Report 'Inventory Sales Report'. Here you have a Sales and COGS per Item and you can select a location.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

I have seen that report which is meant to be used for Retail Business. But my inventory is inventory of raw materials which I am entering in the system to be issued for production. I could visualise some problems here:

1. If I use the manufacturing module I need to fix raw materials items to be used in a work order. In our case raw material to be used is not fixed in nature it will vary case to case. So cant figure out how to capture inventory issued to production.

2. Whenever we are entering Supplier Direct invoice for a particular location we can see that in the GL entry Dimension is featuring blank. That means there is a provision to capture dimension in GL. I have opened dimensions for all the locations. How can I capture inventory of raw material coming in in that particular dimension?

Thanks

You will have to experiment with FrontAccounting to see which option suits you the best. You can use the training company for that.
You can also consider writing a module / extension for this. We do not, however, have the resources for doing that.

/Joe