Topic: frontaccounting bug UTF-8

HI

frontaccounting bug UTF-8
I have a problem of two years
I did not find a solution

Is that FA change password automatically, when I try to login I got (Incorrect Password) message

I hope to find a solution

Re: frontaccounting bug UTF-8

Hello Excellence,

I have take initiative to change the FrontAccounting Based and converted into UTF-8. I have partially completed and I need your help to test it. Will you willing to test it out? Appreciate you could.  Once it stable and I will release to the community. Thanks you.

Cheers,

tclim

HI  A Wonderful person
I'm willing to test it,
And I  ready to support this work with anything you need

thank you very much for this wonderful initiative

Hello Excellence,

I have created a new FrontAccounting 2.3.7 DEMO Site. Please use the following information to test it.

URL:  http://www.anterp.com/fa/index.php
Login ID: admin
Password: password1

Please choose your COA.

2) ARABIC EGYPT 8 DIGITS COA

I will add more COA test for others country soon. Let me know the result. Appreciate your works. Thanks You.

Cheers,

tclim

5 (edited by Excellence 11/03/2011 04:10:13 pm)

HI
Please give me full Administrator permission
thanks

I tested Tclim's demo and it seems to have worked as I can now save the € (euro) symbol in a currency which can't be done on my system.

I don't have much need for Multi-currency so I am not right up with this.

Invoices etc (PDF's) The symbol is not used but the report footer says "All amounts shown in EUR". So where is the symbol used? The only place I can see it is used is on the Currency input screen. Did this become too hard in the past and the 3 character Currency code was settled on throughout FA? Should the Report definitions and some of the Inquiry pages now be updated to use the symbol?

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Hello Excellence,

The Full Administrator permission have been granted to you. You may proceed with your testing. Thanks You.

Cheers,

tclim

Hello RodW,

Thanks you for participate in the testing session. The UTF-8 become a word-wide standard for most of the applications now. It is very common and wisely use globally. I am not sure why FrontAccounting still stick to ISO-x standard and this will definitely causing problem in the country who are not using "English" by default.

The changes may not only use in currency symbol but also extend to the level where you can be use in customizing the system to suite your need. It might not affecting the country who are using "English" language but it will affect the "non-english" country who wish to use FrontAccounting. I hope that you understand the need for those country who are trying to use FrontAccounting but having a problem in encoding issued. Thanks You.

Cheers,

tclim

Hello  tclim
Please I need full Administrator permission for ARABIC EG only

thanks sir

Hello Excellence,

I have granted the admin user id and password to you. You can change the Access Rights for your need. By the way, there are 2 type of Arabic COA. Previously, I have created with ARABIC EGYPT 8 DIGITS. I have now created another ARABIC EGYPT COA at the end of the combobox. I am not sure which 1 you are using. You can now login with the information below:

URL:  http://www.anterp.com/fa/index.php
  Login ID: admin
  Password: password1

Please reply to me your finding. Thanks you.

Cheers,

tclim

Hello All,

I have contacted Janusz and Joe about the UTF-8 issued and I am sorry to inform you that UTF-8 will not be implement in the near future. Meaning to say that the patches submitted to FA have been rejected. The reasons are:

1) There are no

12 (edited by Excellence 11/04/2011 04:54:20 pm)

thanks for you
thanks for Janusz and Joe

for me , There are no

tclim wrote:

There are no

I have explained all the reasons in our mail discussion. If you still say there is no reason to not apply your weak patch to FA core sources, this is probably because you do  not want to understand the reasons. Probably  you should just read our correspondence again.

To help you and other peoples to understand rationale behind the decision, I will repeat them in short here:
. the patch has ignored current FA users which use ISO encoded data by years completely. The only advice from author of the patch was: DIYusing iconv. This definitely is not the way we provide backward compatibility in FrontAccounting;
. using UTF8 instead of any single byte encoding like ISO-8859-* enlarges generated pdf reports enormously, in order of MB. This is not acceptable for many FA users using the application on weak and/or expensive (GSM) connections;
. the only problem with current UTF-8 support appears in arabic environment (ar_EG locales). We have received no claims about using UTF8 in other languages like georgian or chinese. So, I'm still not sure the problem is really in encoding used (however it is probable).

I have tried to solve the problem reported by Excellence some time ago, unfortunatelly without success. After studying provided patch,  I doubt it is the real fix for the problem reported, but have found the changes adopted as they are would be great pain in the *** for current FA users.

Again, we are ready to adopt any improvements in utf8 support unless they will hurt peoples using other encoding. In near future we will improve FA repository system to support more than one encoding for any locale. Hope it will be inviting for further development toward better utf8 support.

Janusz

Hi Janusz and All,

I did not notice that all my long explanation here have been TRUNCATED to become "There are no" ? This will really confuse all FA users include Janusz and Excellence in the forums.  It could be a Bug in PunBB. I really appreciate you could fixed this issue  as soon as possible.

Where is my long explanation?  I have wrote a long explanation to let all users know the problem and the issue with UTF-8? But all gone and leave the word "There are no". And this "There are no" really killing my explanation. It kill myself as a helper in this topic and it confuse all FA users include FA Administrator.

My actual explanation have been repeat here by Janusz. Thanks Janusz for your explanation. This issue will be CLOSED after my last message here (I hope no more argument after this). We will stick to the current framework as it is.

My final word, please FIXED the forums TRUNCATED issued as it really confuse myself and all FA users. Thanks You.

Cheers,

tclim

I'm sorry, What it has become my case with FA

THANKS TO ALL

Regarding the traucated post here, it might be because of some direct links. We are normally restrictive by putting links on the posts, so it might have been cut due to that.

However your topics, tclim,  are very, very important to us, so we have allowed your links as necessary.

Maybe you can remember not to use direct links and put a name in the links instead of the direct ones.
Thanks in advance.

/Joe