Topic: Can't Maintain Extensions/Themes etc.

In my system, these menu options are not functioning on the setup menu.
Install/Update Languages
  Install/Activate Extensions
  Install/Activate Themes
  Install/Activate Chart of Accounts

These functions used to work.

All user permissions are set correctly. The links are displayed but do nothing The new screen is never opened.

Could this be a permissions issue on a particular folder or something?

Can anyone give me a few pointers on where to look?

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Re: Can't Maintain Extensions/Themes etc.

I will ask Janusz to look into this asap. In the meantime, can anybody help RodW?

/Joe

Hello rodw,

I try to installed new FrontAccounting v2.3.7 and login as admin. I able to Install Language. Extension, Themes/ Chart of Accounts. The only requirements is you must login as the first company you created with FrontAccounting.

If you worry about the permission issue. you may follow the step below to create a new FA 2.3.7.

1) Create MySQL Database
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   drop database accountdb;
create database accountdb;
use accountdb;

GRANT ALL ON accountdb.* TO 'apache'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'yourpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION;

flush privileges;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Downloads and install FrontAccounting 2.3.7

2.1) tar -zxvf frontaccounting-2.3.7.tgz
  2.2) chmod 777 modules
          chmod 777 company
          chmod 777 lang
          chmod 777 tmp

2.3) Open Firefox Browser
         http://www.yourdomain.com/frontaccounting

2.4) Setup it and enter your database, admin informations

2.5) After completed. Change the permission as below:

chmod 755 modules
chmod 755 company
chmod 755 lang
chmod 755 tmp
chmod 755 themes
chmod 755 sql
chmod 444 config.php
chmod 444 config_db.php
rm -rf install

NOTE:  If you have more than 1 company setup in your FrontAccounting, please use the permission below:

chmod 644 config.php
chmod 644 config_db.php

These 2 files must be writeable to update the new company information.  For security reason, I use chmod 444.

You should be able to install any languages, extension, themes, charts of account. Hope the step above work for you. I usually use the step above to installed FrontAccounting. Thanks You.

Cheers,

tclim

Tclim

Thanks,  I tried setting the folder permissions as you have described but this did not fix it so I guess I will try a full new install installation and see what happens. I was hoping I did not have to muck about with the live database.

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Hello Rodw,

Yes please, I have just installed a new FrontAccounting 2.3.7 to reproduce your issue. If you follow the step above, it should work fine. By the way, I am running Linux CentOS 5 64 bit in my test environment. I think the step that I show you above should be able to use in others Linux distributed (with minor changes in database user name apache). Please try it again. Thanks You.

Cheers,

tclim

The links are displayed but do nothing The new screen is never opened.

What you mean? The page request never ends, or the page displayed is empty, or.. ?
All the options use network connection to FA package repository, so if you try to use them without internet connection you can encounter problems.
Janusz

7 (edited by rodw 10/28/2011 09:59:33 am)

itronics wrote:

The links are displayed but do nothing The new screen is never opened.

What you mean? The page request never ends, or the page displayed is empty, or.. ?
All the options use network connection to FA package repository, so if you try to use them without internet connection you can encounter problems.
Janusz

Januz, when clicking on the menus, the cursor goes to the hourglass and times out without any further response. The new scren is not opened.  After that, I have to close the browser before FA will work again. I am using chrome, but IE does the same.

My instance of FA is hosted on a VPS and I used Webmin on the server to download a 600 mb file from another web server by http: today.

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Rod,
Seems this is some issue of you VPS hosting. I will have to contact you directly via email to explain the problem.
Janusz