Topic: benefit and lose report

Hello ,
   i wonder please how can i get a report to know my total benefits from date to date, and also i wish to add like specific fields to the items details and finally wish to be able to ask for lose reports (like number of damaged broken items)

how is that please ?

thanks alot

Re: benefit and lose report

Hello
You can generate Profit and Loss report from Banking & General Ledger/Report and Analysis menu.
To add any custom fields to item record you should know php and change respective files in inventory subdirectory (namely items.php and items_db.inc). There is no way to add this without changing source code.
Currently there is no support for tracking demaged items, but you can do it manually eg by periodical inventory adjustments, or issue invoice, then write off returned items in credit note.

Janusz

Yes i just found it

you been such great help
thanks so much

just another question please ...

as i found i can always go to benefits and lose to get the report i'm looking for
(sales, cost, returns)

so as i can see i must calculate manually to subtract the total income from the sales to get the pure benefits.

can't this be a field so i don't need to calculate it outside the program ?

Best regards

I'm not sure what you mean. On the report you have benefit calculated as sales minus costs in the last report line, so where is the problem?

Janusz

i'm still using "1.16 Build 15" is that a reason ?

cause last line in the report is "Total returned"

Thanks

The report have not changed since 1.xx. The summary is calculated as follows:
Calculated Return = Total Sales - (Total Cost of Sales + Total Expenses)

Here positive return is equivalent to profit, negative value means you have lost money. NB the word return at this context  have nothing to do with goods returned by customer on GRNs smile.

Janusz

Thanks alot big_smile