Topic: Supplier Payment Entry error

Hi

First of all appologies if I am posting this under the wrong section, but couldn't seem to find the Purchases section

I am quite new to this after setting FA up I started setting all the required items etc with my accountant and when I got to the actual supplier payment entry it gave me this error.

DATABASE ERROR : Cannot retreive alloc to transactions
error code : 1064
error message : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY trans_no' at line 14
sql that failed was : SELECT trans.type, trans.trans_no, trans.reference, trans.tran_date, supplier.supp_name, supplier.curr_code, ov_amount+ov_gst+ov_discount AS Total, trans.alloc, trans.due_date, trans.supplier_id, supplier.address FROM 0_supp_trans as trans, 0_suppliers as supplier WHERE trans.supplier_id=supplier.supplier_id AND round(ABS(ov_amount+ov_gst+ov_discount)-alloc,6) > 0 AND trans.type != 22 AND trans.supplier_id= ORDER BY trans_no

Any help will be appreciated.

PS:  I am a nuby and have no php background or skill so keep it simple please smile

Regards

Lance

Re: Supplier Payment Entry error

I guess you are using FA version 2.2.1 or earlier. Please update your FA instaation to latest (2.2.2) version, and all should work right. No changes in database or reinstallation is needed.

Janusz

Hey Janusz

Thanks for you reply, do i just upload all the files over the current ones?

Thanks again for you reply

Regards

Lance

Yes, I think so. No special upgrade process is needed.

Janusz.

Hi Janusz,

I'm getting the same error using version 2.2.6, and a friend of mine is getting the same thing on 2.2.7. We are both running FA through XAMPP for Windows (sorry, I will change to Ubuntu when I get some time).

After making a Quick Payment through Purchases/Supplier Invoices, everything goes well until I click the "Entry Supplier Payment for this Invoice" link - the error comes up at the top of the Supplier Payments screen.

Interestingly enough (or not), if I input an invoice from an "Inventory Supplier" then when I go to "Payments to Suppliers" then it defaults to them and all works well. If I try to change the supplier by using <space *> to find my Quick Entry supplier, I get the error again.

Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide to help  with this. In the meantime, I will fiddle around with various things and see if I can find out what's causing it from this end. I'm no expert, so don't hold your breath...

I'm getting the same error using version 2.2.6, and a friend of mine is getting the same thing on 2.2.7. We are both running FA through XAMPP for Windows (sorry, I will change to Ubuntu when I get some time).

No problem if you are comfortable with this. FA should work the same on Win and Linux.

After making a Quick Payment through Purchases/Supplier Invoices, everything goes well until I click the "Entry Supplier Payment for this Invoice" link - the error comes up at the top of the Supplier Payments screen.

You mean Quick Entry in purchase invoice form? It is nto for payment entry but for additional purchase costs.

Interestingly enough (or not), if I input an invoice from an "Inventory Supplier" then when I go to "Payments to Suppliers" then it defaults to them and all works well. If I try to change the supplier by using <space *> to find my Quick Entry supplier, I get the error again.

You mean "Supplier Invoices"? I cannot reproduce the issue anyway.

Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide to help  with this. In the meantime, I will fiddle around with various things and see if I can find out what's causing it from this end. I'm no expert, so don't hold your breath...

What is the exact error message displayed? What php version you use? I cannot guarantee FA wil work properly on php 5.3.0 - IMHO this should be considered experimental, nobody in devel team use it. Check also System Diagnostics page to find if all is right in main points of your installations..

Janusz