Topic: chart of accounts in two languages

How is it possible to set up the chart accounts in two languages.
Our region is bilingual and I must find a solution to set-up the chart of accounts in two languages (class, groups, accounts).
Is there a possibility to add a second line to the "name", and then linked to the language the user will have?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: chart of accounts in two languages

No, I am afraid not.

/Joe

Re: chart of accounts in two languages

Maybe it would be good to attach (arbitrary number of) extra descriptions to each account. This way, one could have:
- primary account names, used generally for the majority of reports (or, as defined by country legislation...)
- some other account names for certain specific reports (other languages, some particular purposes...)
- some other account names for some forms (menus) - for example to reduce the lenght, to make entries better understandable for some user (in terms of meaning or language)

I believe this shouldn't be too complicated to implement (additional account names/descriptions should probably belong into another table, consisting of min. 3 fields - account id, "level" or "purpose" id and name/description), but could probably help many of us (since I need longer account and account type names, I've had to change those 2 tables for now - it seems to work, but I am not very comfortable doing that...).