1 (edited by sananthv 12/21/2009 07:17:46 am)

Topic: Installation goes blank

I first installed version 2.2.1
1. Unpacked frontaccount-2.2.1.tar.gz
2. Created a database in MySQL and a user with DBA rights.
3. from the browser typed domain/frontaccount

But a message was appearing on top saying

"Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /frontaccount/install/index.php on line 15 "

4. Page appeared to select operating system, enter database details and relate, a six step process.

After entering all the details when I press the button install frontaccounting button the page goes blank.

The database is populated but the page is blank. I deleted the install folder and tried again, still the page is blank.

Then I tried to install version 2.2
1. Unpacked frontaccount-2.2.tar.gz
2. Created a database in MySQL and a user with DBA rights.
3. from the browser typed domain/frontaccount

But a message was appearing again on top saying

"Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /frontaccount/install/index.php on line 15 "

4. Page appeared to select operating system, enter database details and relate, a six step process.

After entering all the details when I press the button install frontaccounting button login appears.

After deleting the install folder when I enter admin as username and the given password the page goes blank again. The database is populated.

Appreciate if someone could advise as to where I am going wrong.

Re: Installation goes blank

Set $go_debug=1 in config.php file in main directory and eventually switch on error logging  (see config.php again). This enables additional diagnostics which should result with error messages instead of blank page when something goes wrong.
Janusz

This is the error I get

Fatal error: main(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition "language" of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in /frontaccount/includes/session.inc on line 173

How should I proceed. Thanks for the assistance.

Seems something is wrong with session variables. Clear your cookies in browser and try login again.

Janusz

I installed version 2.2.1 in a WAMP server. Had no luck with it.

Downloaded version 2.2 and installed it in the WAMP server, it installed successfully. I am able to login too.

But in the login page and subsequent pages after logging in I always get a error message on top saying

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\frontaccount\includes\session.inc on line 186

Line 186 in session.inc has
// Ajax communication object
$Ajax =& new Ajax();

Appreciate any help.

Hello sananthv

We are just about releasing 2.2.2. We have been replacing all the deprecated functions, so it should now work in PHP version >= 5.3.0.

Please give it a try as soon as it is available. Maybe tonight.

/Joe