1 (edited by alvin 11/29/2009 08:31:09 pm)

Topic: upgrade problem with Access Setup

I did the update to 2.2 everything went smooth for the most part...

after the update, I commented out the old security arrays, but now I get an error: (Incorrect Password - The user and password combination is not valid for the system).  When I add the old security arrays back, no change, still have error, even after clear cache.

What should be the procedure for update in this area?  Access setup, Security Settings.

AM

Solved:  I started over with the upgrade, After you do the upgrade system, you must go to Setup, Access Setup, and add New role, at least one maybe Admin role,  if you don't do this before you delete or comment out the old security arrays in config.php you will be locked out, it seems.

In upgrade how to it says:

"Enter 'Setup' tab, 'Access Setup'. Check all the roles and change as you please. The roles have been converted from the former Access Roles and may need some changes."

I did not get any roles converted from former security system until I created New role in upgraded system.  Then of course you will need to go back and create more Access roles and change users to these roles.

This may not be the case with every 2.1 to 2.2 upgrade, but if it is the upgrade how to should state this.

Happy, FA

AM

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Re: upgrade problem with Access Setup

The security system upgrade should be done automatically during update, preserving all old roles after conversion. If you had problem here, you probably faced some mysql/php version related bug in upgrade routines.
I'm not sure what have gone wrong here, as you had no error/warning messages during upgrade. Anyway thanks for the valuable advice for any other users which could encounter this problem.

Janusz

Actually, you have to add a security role before you can login in again. I upgraded to 2.2 several times and each time I have to add a role before I was able to login back in. This is just so that you know that this problem exist.

Help others to help yourself as no one knows it all

I have the same problem, and I can't solve it.
I've upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 and I applied the upgrade to the database, no problem there, I could browse through the tabs. All users have a prefix FA 2.1, I've create a new role as Alvin said,  I reassigned the new role to adminitrator user, and comment the security_group and security_headings, then I logout.

When I try to login again appears the message: "The security settings on your account do not permit you to access this function", and I can't login.

Can you explain how to fix this?

Thanks,

Seems there is some problem here, although I cannot find whether it is upgrade procedure bug, or some not clear upgrade instructions. This is how the upgrade from 2.1 should be done step by step, providing  FA version 2.1.x is used without any partial upgrades from unstable CVS, or 2.2RC version was installed:
0. Make backup copy of database content for all companies,  and eventually copy of working FA sources.
1. Copy all the 2.2 tarball sources to related places where you have 2.1.x files.
2. Make changes in config.php described in update.html. Do not touch security_groups, security_headings for now.
3. Login as admin of first company (superadmin)
4. Perform upgrade form Setup/Software Upgrade page.
5. If there were no errors during upgrade, the process is nearly finished. You can log out, comment out $security_groups and $security_headings arrays in config.php.

Now you should be able to login with old admin user/password. In Access Setup all previous roles defined in config.php should be visible with 'FA 2.1' name prefix. The roles normally need some smaler fixes, as previous security setup was not especially consistent.

This is how all should work. When you expect problems you can enable error logging before FA upgrade by uncommenting $error_logfile in config.php, and making sure tmp directory is world-writable. Then in case of any problems error messages should appear in log file even if not displayed on screen during upgrade. This should help recognize what went wrong.

Janusz

jafu wrote:

I have the same problem, and I can't solve it.
I've upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 and I applied the upgrade to the database, no problem there, I could browse through the tabs. All users have a prefix FA 2.1, I've create a new role as Alvin said,  I reassigned the new role to adminitrator user, and comment the security_group and security_headings, then I logout.

When I try to login again appears the message: "The security settings on your account do not permit you to access this function", and I can't login.

Can you explain how to fix this?

Thanks,

Start over with a db back up of 2.1  follow upgrade guide, then before you logout you must go to Setup, Access Setup, and add New role, (Its has been a few days, so I can't remember), but I think... with the new role go back to setup, user accounts setup, and see if you can change the Access Level settings before you logout or change your config.php, but I do remember if it don't work, you must start over with a db back up of 2.1 I think this where your problem is.  You may need to go the database, drop tables, run, 2.1 back up.sql, etc. But it won't work if you don't start from a good rollback.

Happy FA

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Thanks for your responses. I did all the steps once again. Now the results are good. I think my error was that I was trying to login using the old theme 2.1 fancy. The solution was: I started over the upgrade but I changed the theme to default before the upgrade. Then after the upgrade, I installed the 2.2 fancy theme and now is working well.

Cheers!