Topic: Agricultural accounting

I want to use front accounting for agriculture farming accounting, Is it possible? It is produced by consuming different amounts of water and seeds and pesticides in different areas. How will the product of all these expenses be recorded in the FA?

Re: Agricultural accounting

I am really happy to hear that you are interested to try FA for agriculture. Yes it's possible to use it.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

kvvaradha wrote:

I am really happy to hear that you are interested to try FA for agriculture. Yes it's possible to use it.

Then guide me on how to calculate the cost of seeds, fertilizers and pesticides and watering on different plots of land or acres of land,s expenses for the last six to seven months of this plot of land?
Will this work be through a work order?  Or in some other way?
And how to register the grain that will come from this area?  And how to add to the inventory?

msuhail197 wrote:

I want to use front accounting for agriculture farming accounting, Is it possible? It is produced by consuming different amounts of water and seeds and pesticides in different areas. How will the product of all these expenses be recorded in the FA?

There's probably more than one way; you've already considered using the manufacturing module; so my thoughts are:-

Input your purchases of seeds, fertilizer, water, etc as expenses, you will then have stock in your FA inventory.

Vigorously record separately how much seed, fertilizer, water, etc are used on each plot.

Once the crop has been harvested you will know the yields per/acre/hectare/plot: You now have all the necessary information to create a works order for each plot.

In the inventory you will now have stock of the products and by-products you have grown to sell.

Try it on your training company whilst your waiting for the seeds to grow.

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

I just want add that in agricultural, we can't use the manufacture module, because in my opinion in agricultural manufacture have too many varian of BOM and the quantity of the end product is hard to predict.
that's why, i wish a new menu for item inventory out that contain accounting charge code so every transaction reduce item inventory add to GL report

6 (edited by ScriptBASIC 10/06/2021 07:14:07 am)

I have been thinking about using FA for the cannabis industry for growers. I worked with the WA LEAF seed to sale state tracking software testing their API for developers. I also own the CannabisSoftware.US domain that is dormant. The biggest problem I've encounter is getting financial institutions (banks) to work with you. The SAFE banking act seems stalled.

I would be interested in talking to private investors that would like to see an open source direction for producers bound by strict state tracking requirements.