Topic: Manage Child/Franchise of Company Record

Hi all,
I want to know is this possible to manage Franchises or child company in front accounting and Admin can access data at any time.
thanks
saeed

Re: Manage Child/Franchise of Company Record

I would set up separate companies for each franchise or subsidiary and then one parent company to which I would post the results of each subsidiary as a line item on a daily, weekly or monthly basis using the general journal.
You should make yourself aware of any legislation in your country that applies to reporting for subsidies and consolidated financial statements to ensure your treatment is in compliance.

Subsidiary ID can be introduced for all transactions in FA 2.5 with just the unique suffix of each such company and having a set of UNION views for the holding company for all FA tables using it in a read only mode. The list of subsidiary companies (or profit centres / branches) that need to be UNIONed into views for the holding company can be autocreated with some description field holding the company #s.

Try using Tags / Dimensions as a first choice though.

Great to hear.
What would be the expected time frame for FA 2.5 release?

apmuthu wrote:

Subsidiary ID can be introduced for all transactions in FA 2.5 with just the unique suffix of each such company and having a set of UNION views for the holding company for all FA tables using it in a read only mode. The list of subsidiary companies (or profit centres / branches) that need to be UNIONed into views for the holding company can be autocreated with some description field holding the company #s.

Try using Tags / Dimensions as a first choice though.

Regards,
Bharathiraja Kaliyamoorthy

Expected time of arrival of any new version of FA is simply inderminate what with PHP versions changing rapidly too.