Topic: Error when going Dimension tags maintenance

Hello,

I tried to go to the new feature : Dimension tags web page
( http://localhost/FA22RC/admin/tags.php?type=dimension)

I got this error :

( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: type in D:\wamp\www\FA22RC\admin\tags.php on line 14
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 1.0035 110928 {main}( ) ..\tags.php:0

( ! ) Notice: Use of undefined constant TAG_ACCOUNT - assumed 'TAG_ACCOUNT' in D:\wamp\www\FA22RC\admin\tags.php on line 14
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 1.0035 110928 {main}( ) ..\tags.php:0

I could not resolve it.

Regards,

Khaled

Re: Error when going Dimension tags maintenance

Yes, there was invalid include file sequence in tags.php. Fixed in CVS, thanks Khaled.
Janusz

Hi,

can you some how post an example of using the tags.

khaled

This is new functionality implemented by Tom Hallman. Currently it is not much usable, until reporting module will be fixed to enable use of defined tags for account/dimension selection. With tags you can mark selected GL accounts to be included in reports. Tags are in some extent like dimensions, but tags mechanism is more general and flexible enough to be used for any categorization in FA.
For now tags for GL accounts and dimensions are added , to enable synthetic reports for group of projects. It should be available in 2.2 final or in some later minor release of 2.2 branch.
Janusz

Hello,

I think it is a nice trick to lok arround acocunts.

somehow, if it is a little bit flexible I do not know if you can define it as mini-sub account of a GL Account.

if so, you can do a wide choices of manipulations :

ex: gives a tag for each employee where this taged account transactions will be directly upward posted to the payroll account. (OR perhaps no, it is not the case)

anyhow, you are doing an extrem work with this FA.

Regards,

Khaled