Topic: SMS Gateway

Hi,
How can i send SMS to Customer through SMS Gateway Integration in FA.

Thanking you with Best Regards,

Re: SMS Gateway

It's simple question.  And simple way I am giving answer.  You can write your sms sending program in pure php and trigger the php function using the FA program. Simply call from the sms function where you need. Before that add some validations and sms texts to send it to customers.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Many SMS Gateways provide for email to sms functionality as well. Also, using SMS Modems or virtual mobile numbers, one can run their own SMS gateways in open source using kannel.org or the proprietary likes of NowSMS / Diafaan | Usage.

Run your own SMS Gateway using your Android Phone:
https://smsgateway.me/

List of SMS Gateways
https://www.liquisearch.com/list_of_sms_gateways

SMS Gateway Lookup Service
https://www.freesmsgateway.info

Thank you very much. Please send me the details about how can i send emails because i tried several times to send emails from FA but failed. I also tried the PHP mailer with SMTP setup but nothing gone right. It will be a great help if you describe the detail steps to activate SMS gateway.

Best regards,

I dont know about the SMS Gateway but sending emails via FA using phpmailer works very well for me. I followed the below instructions and it worked like  a charm.

# fa_mail_phpmailer

Install
- copy the files into '/modules' directory
- download PHPMailer-5.2.14 into '/modules/mail/includes' directory
- replace existing '/reporting/includes/mail.class.inc' with the new provided one

- activate module in FA
- go to "Setup" -> "Mail Sending Setup" and fill in the data.

- that's it.

Note:-

a)I needed to download the specific PHPMailer-5.2.14 for it to work.
b)step two above expected a directory called '/modules/mail/includes/PHPMailer'

Try to see if there are errors in the logs..

I am using cloud hosting and followed the instructions but cant get any result. Where i am missing?

@sarwarali.opu

Dear,

You are just saying things are not working but your are not providing any information of what is not working. Do you have access to FA error logs? ../tmp/errors.log ? How about your SMTP Setup screen ? What input you have entered? I also have a cloud hosting and it works very well...

Are you hosted on windows? Linux? What FA version you are running?

Without any information/clue no one can find out what you are missing. Only you can find out.

I have a sms plugin for FA. You can send forum email to me if needed .

www.boxygen.pk

9 (edited by kvvaradha 01/22/2021 12:48:27 pm)

sarwarali.opu wrote:

Hi,
How can i send SMS to Customer through SMS Gateway Integration in FA.

Thanking you with Best Regards,

Hope you are satisfied with our sms module.  Sofar we have added features with sms module ,
Features
It helps to send SMS while creating, Sales Quote, Sales Order, Direct delivery, Direct invoice along with payment. and also Direct payment.
Each one have Templates to create content for the SMS. And we have a SMS count notifier. which will help you understand the limit of SMS. usually most of the SMS gateway supports 140 characters. some of them 120. It depends on the gateway and operators.
SMS log to monitor and search about particular customer with his status of SMS delivery.
Send overdue SMS to customers, Atpresent this is a manual function to send Overdue SMS. Soon we will update with automatic Cron job based overdue and due expiring notification SMS.
A settings page to Set the options and auto trigger features. As well as set the payment gateway credentials to remember and send It to customers.

Read More about SMS module 

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes