Topic: CVS or SVN

Please make cvs or svn available with the latest sourcecode, that way it is possible to keep up to date with the system independantly of local modifications such as configuration, and probably easier to get good patches from people.

As an example I'm using phpmyadmin & cerberus helpdesk via svn and cvs respectivly.
To upgrade to the latest cerberus i simply type something like:
cd /var/www/html/cerberus-gui
cvs update -nRELEASE_1_4_1
and it will merge all official changes into my own changeset.

Regards
DBob, who looks forward to a very interesting produkt !

Re: CVS or SVN

Hello Dbob,

Yes we are considering using cvs. We have just been overwhelming with the interest in this new product. Stay tuned.

Regards
Admin

Hello again,

The cvs is now available on Sourceforge.

Admin

great work!
I've sent out my first invoice via this product, so lets hope everything works smile

Hi,

How and where can i download the latest unstable release to test it out?

I looked at sourceforge but i can see only 1.16

thanks, Jan

Hi Jan

Current development version is commited into CVS under 'unstable' branch.
You can see it via sf.net CVS web interface by selecting proper branch.
You can also download current dev source by two commands:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@frontaccounting.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/frontaccounting login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@frontaccounting.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/frontaccounting co -r unstable -P frontaccount

We've established also demo sever with unstable release  at http://fa2.iron.from.pl

Janusz

what is the usename and password for this demo 2.0

Janusz,

Thanks for your answer.

You can also download current dev source by two commands:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@frontaccounting.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/frontaccounting login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@frontaccounting.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/frontaccounting co -r unstable -P frontaccount

I am proberly a dombo :-(, but where can i execute the above commands to download the dev source?

I also cannot acces the SVN with Tortoise.

thanks, Jan

Hi all,

First of all we do not use SVN. All the code (stable and unstable) is stored in CVS server on sourceforge.net. So if you want to check the source out,  you must use any CVS client. Under Windows this is for example TortoiseCVS: http://www.tortoisecvs.org/.

I'm afraid I cannot help with Windows CVS clients as I do all my activity entirely under Linux and beside this I rather prefer console tools, then GUI. Nevertheless in any GUI client there should be any entry form to select current sever, protocol account settings and name of current working branch. You must find it yourself.

All the code is available from anonymous CVS, so you can connect without any password. As on any anonymous CVS server you can connect without any password (login 'anonymous') but you have only read access. So if you want to submit any code which can be usable to FA community you must send it to Joe or to me.

I strongly advice reading sorceforge.net info on CVS access. They have also step by step instructions for some GUI CVS clients.

Janusz

Janusz,

I think it should be easier to acces the unstable code(this for getting more feedback).

CVS is for most people too difficult to manage.

gr. Jan

Hmm, I'm not sure. CVS is superior tool for cooperative developers work. The command line utilities could be difficult for users which use only windows, but what about the TortoiseCVS? This is GUI application and (I think) it should follow Windows user interface philosophy.

Anyway if you want to have latest source code I can pack it and post to you. Send me your email address via forum private message.

Can you unpack tar.gz archive without troubles?

Janusz

Great!

Yes, i can unpack that without any problem.
I'll send you my e-mail adres.

thanks, Jan