Topic: Salesman / Artisan Commission Report

Good Day everybody,

I am in the Service Industry and have a number of Artisans remunerated on a commission basis.

I am in the process of setting up the Artisans as salesmen but am having difficulty in understanding  or pulling the correct commission report.

Here https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=34937#p34937 Apmuthu guides us through setting up Salesperson, this has now been set up and looks to work great for the Counter Salesmen using Direct Invoicing.

We should be able to pull sales commission reports without issues ( still to test)

My problem are the Service Artisans, currently they have been set up in the

Sales Order  ---> Maintenance  ---> Sales Persons    Section and Pulling reports is a ( in politically correct language)   a "Challenge " we currently have to do a manual calculation.

I think the problem is we really don't want to have to log out and in on an Artisan profile very time we have to generate documents for each specific artisan

Anybody got  Advice or guidelines for me, it would be most appreciated

Andy

Re: Salesman / Artisan Commission Report

Try tags for the specific Artisan instead of treating them as salespersons so as not to confuse with counter salesmen. The Artisans could be a profit centre, maybe even a Dimension instead too.

@joe: any SOP for this in FA?

Hello,

The Salesmen implementation is very basic with percent and a breakpoint for another percent.
Please tell me if you need more fields for calculations.
That could be implemented in 2.5.
Otherwise use the dimension for better reports per artisan/salesman.

Joe

Thank you for replying,

Apmuthu, Joe again, I mean no disrespect but you guys are heavy hitters  . . . It is going to take some time before I can meaningfully reply.

I got a lot of reading and testing to do first.

Andy