Topic: TAX BY ITEM LINE

Hi, How I can do, if by each item line, can be different sales tax o item line exent, in one invoice o in one bills,  for example

1         Movil samsung              600.00              (This line is tax 7%)= 42.00   
3         Paper Bond-Box                4.00              (This line is Exempt) = 0

Because in Panama, We have line, Exempt or sales Tax 7, Sales tax 10 or Sales Tax 15, and can be on Sales Invoice or Bills.  Generally, the software have a on columns, where I can use to sales tax.

I do not do it?

Re: TAX BY ITEM LINE

Study FA tax's in the wiki and linked pages, and you will find that each item can have its own tax.

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

but, If this ítem line is exempt, because In this line must be exempt, but in other lines, is taxable, or I want will be free tax. Or the vendor offer me it with tax, or I offer with tax.

Looks like you didn't understand the tax concept of FA.  FA  has customer based tax as well as item based. So it supports what you want. Let's say when an item is taxable and non taxable (exempt). That's applied on the time of item selection in cart. So try it with different set of items with its item taxes and exempted. So it will opt you the need.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Thank, I will test it.

Good afternoon, I did the following test
Supplier Conditions: Supplier with 7% Tax, YOYTEC.
Conditions of the Articles: 1 article with 7% tax - IPAD, 1 article Exempt CALCULATOR.

On the same supplier invoice, I buy the iPad, and the calculator, but FA does not calculate tax for me, both take them exempt.

Set in SUPPLIER TAX GROUP, I put 7%, and in the articles, I also put 7%, and Excento the one that has no tax.

I think I did that, well, I will reread the help to see if I am doing something wrong, it also provides it by creating a tax group, but I think that does not apply.

I am not sure how you tried. Let me provide my scenario.

1. Created two item tax types one with tax and another with fully exempt.

2. And I already had two taxes 5% and 7%..
3. Then I created two items one with taxed item and another fully exempted item.
4. Then I created a supplier with taxed group. That was also already existing.
5. Now I have gone to supplier invoice and added taxed item with created tax rate. And then I added fully exempted item. There it didn't change the tax value.

Hope this test explains the tax can be applied based on items and suppliers tax group.

Suppose if your supplier is fully exempted tax group. Than it won't apply any tax for his invoices.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Good evening, having two equal products with different taxes is going to create a stock problem for me, since you must have a single code for a single product, and depending on the supplier, allow me to choose whether the product has a tax or not. a video, maybe better understood that way. my English is not good.

Thank you.

https://we.tl/t-6vhJ1M4ry6

Thank, I understant this tax, I done the test, thanks.

Excelente.

That's good to hear. May be in future it will  be helpful for someone to read this infuture. So write here how you understand it.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Good afternoon, if you solved a part
The complete case is that I buy from the same supplier, products that have different taxes.
If I buy from him food, he sells it to me with the tax exempt
If I buy from him liquor he charges me a 10% tax
If I buy toiletries, she charges me 7% tax

The supplier is still the same, but when registering the purchase order, he only calculates 7% for me, and he should really charge me the tax according to the type of item to buy.

In the sale the same thing will happen, that is to say that when I sell those articles, I must sell them in the same way, charging my clients the same tax, on the same articles.

And that I did not manage to do, and I have tried several options, I do not know if creating a tax group, the issue is that if I core it, it will charge me the tax, in equal parts, but in my country throughout the territory it charges the same general tax.

You can fix the tax on a per item basis for purchase - Setup => Item Tax Types - after setting up the tax and tax groups. Then apply the Tax Type for the Item desired.

How can I configure FA, in sales, so that the products do not have the sales tax included.

Sales => Sales Types
Choose to Include or Exclude Tax in prices.

Post's attachments

Tax_Incl_Excl.png 15.1 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Excelente, thank you

@flopezcpa, I do not know if this reply came too late but I hope it could be used as a reference for others if they face the similar siutation like myself.  I managed to solve a similar situation like yours. Just that my issue is simpler but you could use the same way of settings for multiple item taxes within one invoice without having to change any program codes.

Here is the scenario. 
1.  A supplier sell products to me and charge the following taxes:
     a.    Essential goods, 2% tax applies.
     b.    Normal goods:   5%
2.  When I sell these products I will apply the same tax rates on these goods.
3.  I setup tax type:
     a.   Supp Tax Essential goods:  2%
     b.   Supp Tax Normal goods:  5%
     c.   SalesTax Essential goods:  2%
     d.   Sales Tax Normal goods:  5%
4.  I setup tax groups for:
     a.  Supplier:  Supp Tax Essential + supp Tax Normal
     b.  Sales: Sales Tax Essential + Sales Tax Normal
5.  I setup Tax Item Exemption:
     a.   Essential:  Exempt Normal Tax
     b.   Normal:  Exempt Essential Tax
6.  I setup items:
     a.   Essential Goods:  Item tax type: Select 5a.
     b.   Normal Goods:  Item tax type: Select 5b.

With the setup, you could buy the goods and sell them after you add the profit margin.  And the GL etc should be recorded correctly.
This setup works for me to meet my needs and I hope it helps.

/Mark

flopezcpa wrote:

Good afternoon, if you solved a part
The complete case is that I buy from the same supplier, products that have different taxes.
If I buy from him food, he sells it to me with the tax exempt
If I buy from him liquor he charges me a 10% tax
If I buy toiletries, she charges me 7% tax

The supplier is still the same, but when registering the purchase order, he only calculates 7% for me, and he should really charge me the tax according to the type of item to buy.

In the sale the same thing will happen, that is to say that when I sell those articles, I must sell them in the same way, charging my clients the same tax, on the same articles.

And that I did not manage to do, and I have tried several options, I do not know if creating a tax group, the issue is that if I core it, it will charge me the tax, in equal parts, but in my country throughout the territory it charges the same general tax.