Topic: Interest in Magento Integration or Shopify Integration

We are Magento and Shopify developers.  We are potentially interested in building integrations between FrontAccounting and these shopping cart platforms.  Is there interest in the FrontAccounting community for one or both of these?  Has someone built something similar before?

Re: Interest in Magento Integration or Shopify Integration

Search the form for some of @elax's posts among others.

Create an extension to act as a bridge from within FA or make a plugin for your applications you need to integrate.

There are quite a few FA users who run webshops and they may already have a kludge of a solution to assist them. You are welcome to contribute your extensions to FA. Development requests are on the FA Job offers board.

Hi apmuthu, thanks for the reply.

This would be a commercial solution (paid in other words).  We build and maintain it.  Is that OK in the FrontAccounting world?

@bkort, yes you can sell it commercially. Since FA has no marketplace so you make a free version and then paid version. Free users can then migrate to paid one.

Free version can then be made available at FA forum.

Can you do the same for WooCommerce? I have few clients who may be interested in that.

www.boxygen.pk

Hi Apmuthu:
Thanks for the feedback.  We really don't work with WooCommerce, so I don't think we can help there.  But I'll investigate Shopify integration further.

Commercial integration is okay. Place info in Job Offers board. No free version is necessary at all. A demo site can showcase it. State clearly what resides on your server and what is needed at the client / client's server end. A full disclosure is best practice.

Anyone who wants integration can manage without any extension as well if DB functions, triggers and procedures are used and both FA and the integrating application reside on the same database server (not necessarily the same database) with appropriate credentials.