Topic: suggestions on how to do recurring membership fees and payment types

Pardon my noob-ness but I am _not_ an accountant and know nothing about accounting, I am an IT/programmer guy.

That being said, I am trying to use frontaccounting to keep track of membership fees for a makerspace.  Members can pay for 3 months, 6 months, or a year at a time via Paypal, etransfer, or cash.  I am trying to figure out how to do a recurring invoice for this scenario.

I want to set up recurring invoices so we can send members a reminder that their membership is due.  I see this is done via "recurring invoices" and that seems to require a "template".  From what I can tell, you create templates by checking off a box when you run the sales order inqury report.  However after I do a sales order, then delivery, then invoice, there is no "template checkbox" in the sales order inquriry report.

Does anybody have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong and/or how I can set this up?

Many thanks,
SW

Re: suggestions on how to do recurring membership fees and payment types

https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Help.RecurrentInvoices

is helpful.

Ok, it looks like templates ONLY work when you click on "Direct Invoice".  Otherwise, they never show up in templates.

Because, of this, it seems there is no way to use templates for Paypal or etransfer.  The "cash account" field is locked to "petty cash" when you fill in the invoice details.

Is there any way to get around this?

Maybe create another PayPal "Cash" account!

You mean like create a bank account and call it "Paypal cash"?

Yes, if that kind of account only can fit in.