Topic: Changing Fiscal year

I added our current fiscal year, Jan '09 -Dec '09, to the list of fiscal years and then tried to update the fiscal year selected under company setup however the fiscal year will not change from Jan '08- Dec '08. I select our current fiscal year but when I click update it processes it and goes back to the default fiscal year of Jan '08-Dec '08. This is keeping me from entering any information for the current fiscal year. How do I fix this problem?

Re: Changing Fiscal year

Please set the variable $go_debug flag in config.php to 1. This will catch eventually any database errors.
Which version are you running?

/Joe

I'm sorry I have no clue what that means or how to execute that. We are running version 2.1.2

Well, you have file config.php in main directory where FrontAccounting php files are installed. Open the file with any text editor and change the line where you find :
$go_debug=0;
to:
$go_debug=1;
That's all.

I'm the tech guy round these parts smile... change done

And what is the result?

I still am unable to change the fiscal year in the company setup. It lists our current fiscal year as being active and last year as being inactive however when I select our current year and click update I get an "!" in a triange at the top near the task bar.  Also, how do I go about changing and adding account descriptions and codes?

Thanks

Seem like I had this problem, I just moved my data from company 1 to company 0 and the problem went away, but that requires some data base stuff, I don't use multi companies with a single install anymore, it seems to make things run better...

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

I still cannot reproduce the problem.
Ok.Lets give us another chance to locate the problem. Please do this:
. set $go_debug=1 in config.php (as described above)
. switch the javascript off in your browser prefferences/setup (e.g.under Preferences/ Content/Enable Java Script for FireFox)
. login into FrontAccounting
. go to Company Setup and try change the fiscal year

What are messages displayed in this case?

Janusz

In version 2.2 when I try to change fiscal year it gives: Invalid BEGIN date in fiscal year. In this version Fiscal year can only started from January and End in December, but in our country Fiscal year is from July to next June so please kindly tell me how can I enter Fiscal year according to my country.

SHR

If you have a new company (no transactions) where the fiscal year is ranging from 01 jan 09 to 31 dec 09 and want it to be a fiscal year from 01 July09  to ??? you will have to first create a fiscal year 01 jan 08 to 31 dec 08 and set your company to use this year.

Delete the fiscal year 01 jan 09 to 31 12 09. Now you have to create a 'dummy' short year from 01 jan 09 to 30 jun 09. And now your correct new fiscal year from 01 july to ???.
After you set this new year on your company, you can delete the earlier unwanted fiscal years if there are no transactions here.

The reason for these operations is that there must be no gaps between the fiscal years.

/Joe

Thank you very much JOE