Topic: Login Issue

Hi

I recently downloaded the Front Accounting program and installed it, everything seemed to go ok but once it installed I was taken to the login page, the details I entered during the setup dont work and nor does admin / admin, admin / password.

What details should I be using to login?

I checked the dbconfig file and all the details seem to be ok in there.

Thanks

Paul

Re: Login Issue

Something went wrong during installation. But you can fix the password the following way.
Use phpMyAdmin to enter your database. Find the 0_users table and select the admin account for editing. Paste the following into the password field:

5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99

This is a md5'ed version of the password: password. You can change this inside FA later.

/Joe

3 (edited by paullander 09/17/2009 10:00:24 pm)

I have gone through the setup and I believe Im finding my way through this, Ive changed the currency to pounds just trying to work out how to add a Bank account and remove the 2 that are already set up?

Im not logging in as a demouser Ive created accounts and viewing as admin but there seems to be data maybe from the demo?

As long as there are no transactions on the fiscal year you can change the fiscal year. First create a dummy year 010108 - 311208. Set the company to use this year. Now delete the year 010109 - 311209 and create your own year. Set the company to use this one. You may need to create a shorter year from jan to sep first  if FA complains. This may also be deleted later.
This is only the first time this is a little tricky. The reason for this is that we must keep a correct continuation of fiscal year dates.

/Joe

5 (edited by paullander 09/17/2009 10:23:01 pm)

Im having trouble adding a financial year I always seem to get invaild start date, but my server may not be configured correctly so we'll see what hosting company say, I may re install it if need be maybe there were a couple of issues.

I was also looking through some code on some of the pages and this crops up quite often:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--

var user = {
theme: '../../themes/default/',
loadtxt: 'Requesting data...',
ts: ' ',
ds: ',',
pdec : 2}

--></script>

Is this checking the user is logged in?  Basically when I get this set up correctly I have a file upload script I want to add (just 1 php page) but I want the user to be logged into the front accounting to be able to use it, if they're not logged in they will get the please login error etc.

Is this possible, I assume there is a piece of code checking the user is logged in?  I dont mind donating the script once I get it up and running

Hi

I re installed the script but still having issues with the financial years, I created a dummy year 01/01/07 - 31/12/07 and set the company to use this date I then tried to delete the other dates but cant delete 01/01/09 - 31/12/09 I get this error:

Cannot delete this fiscal year because items have been created referring to it.

I assume I need to delete refrences to it?

The easiest way to start with fresh new database is to copy en_US-new.sql filefrom sql forlder to company/0//backup, and perform database restoring it on Setup/Backup and Restore page.
Janusz