Topic: Installation Error

Hello. I am trying to install FrontAccounting in my computer, which uses Windows Vista. I use the lates wampserver. I downloaded the files for FrontAccounting yesterday and put them in a specially created file, as described in "FrontAccounting Installation." After filing the questions for the installation wizard and hiting enter, I get the following message:

Error: SQL script execution failed in line 103: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'bank_trans_type_id' at row 1

Does anybody know what might be happening?

Thank you.

Julio.

Re: Installation Error

There have mistakenly been packed wrong en_US-demo.sql and en_US-new.sql files in the /sql/ folder.
The frontaccount-2.1.5.zip and frontaccount-2-1-5.tar.gz have been replaced 27 Aug 2009 at
So if you downloaded the zip of tar.gz file, you can immediately download it again and just make another upload to your server and install.

/Joe

Thanks for the suggestion Joe, however I still have an error message showing.  I took out the en_US-demo.sql files and put instead the en_SG-new2.sql file that you mentionned. I repeated the process. Now I  get the following error message:

Error: It appears the Absolute path that you entered is incorrect

Hello again,
I didn't create this chart of accounts. Maybe you can contact the creator. I guess there is a reference to him inside the chart script.

/Joe

Joe, there are three parts to this message. The first one describes what my problem is boiling down to right now. The other two parts you don't have to read but I am including them anyways to document the problems I encountered above and the way I "fixed" them. Thanks again. Julio.

Part I #########

When installing the program I get the following error message:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\account\includes\session.inc on line 136

I copy below the code that appears in Line 136:

$Ajax =& new Ajax();

Part II #############

In my last message I mentioned getting the following error message:

Error: It appears the Absolute path that you entered is incorrect

In fact there was nothing wrong with the absolute path. What happened was that the computer was searching (as indicated in the save.php file) for the en_US-demo.sql file, which I had taken out of the path. Instead I had put the en_SG-new2.sql file, but was not careful enough to update the references in the save.php file. When I did update the references I no longer got a message about the absolute path being wrong, but I got the same error message as above:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\account\includes\session.inc on line 136

Part III ###################

I also tried installing the program with each of the newly uploaded files that you suggested me. This time I made sure that the references in the save.php file were correct. Then I hit "Install FrontAccounting". The computer had no problem in locating the database for the corresponding company. However, I started getting a many error messages regarding the way the data was entered. I "corrected" all these errors [see (*) below] until I hit the same deadend:

/////////////////////////

(*) This documents my problems and "fixes" when working with the en_US-demo.sql database. For each error type I put first the tables involved, then the error messages, and finally the modifications I introduced to "solve" the corresponding errors. A friend of mine (Aldy) tells me that these errors might be due to an incompatibility in the versions of the software I was using versus the softwares the programs were ment for. I really don't know. I just went for the quick fixes detailed below:

### Data of table `0_bank_trans` ###

Error: SQL script execution failed in line 102: Incorrect date

value: '' for column 'reconciled' at row 1

Instead of the '' values, put NULL. Do the samething with all other rows of that table.

### Data of table `0_gl_trans` ###

Error: SQL script execution failed in line 704: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'person_type_id' at row 1

Instead of the '' values, put '0'. Do the samething with all the remaining rows of that table for which 'person_type_id' was assigned a value of ''.

### Data of table `0_users` ###

Error: SQL script execution failed in line 1827: Incorrect datetime value: '' for column 'last_visit_date' at row 1

Instead of the '' value, put '2009-06-21 13:57:38' (I just copied the date from the previous entry).

Both problems you have found seems to be related to nonstandard settings your wamp version use.
First I have to say we want to maintain FA compatibility also with older php and mysql versions. This is why we use both in code and sql files some old constructs, which can generate warnings in log file.
First warning you have encountered is related to way how php uses objects, and should not harm. Using & with new is depreciated in php5, but not forbidden.
The sql files distributed with FA are generated by MySQL dump, maybe we should select another options during generation, but as I said in most distributions it simply works without problems. Probably your installation has mysql_mode=traditional setin configuration file, while by default no mode is set.
The advice for now for you is to add following line line at start of used sql file:
SET mysql_mode=''

Hope it helps.

Thank you for you thorough  investigation of the issues.

Janusz

I just downloaded the latest version of FA and I am getting the following error after I hit install:

DATABASE ERROR : FATAL : Could not find company prefs
sql that failed was : SELECT * FROM company WHERE coy_code=1

It creates the database, but I can't go to the login screen without seeing this error.
Any thoughts?

Seems you have some bad settings in config_db.php (probably mysql user/password set).
Janusz

Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I solved this problem (a couple of weeks ago but I didn't find the time until today to post on the forum). Basically, FrontAccounting did not support the newest version of PHP (5.3.0) that I had installed with WampServer. What I did is install version 5.2.9 of PHP. Then I tried installing FrontAccounting again and everything worked just fine. Thanks for the suggestions above.

Thank you very much Mario. We know PHP  5.3.0 is still buggy, but we have done our best to support it in next 2.2 version.
Janusz

why make instalation like this? why not just copy paste then run? if i just could make one right instalation , i could make it in one usb/cd and i'll give everybody who have problem like me.

setiadi wrote:

why make instalation like this? why not just copy paste then run? if i just could make one right instalation , i could make it in one usb/cd and i'll give everybody who have problem like me.

Do you suppose application using MySQL database can be installed by copy/paste some files?