Topic: I Think We Can Use the FA as a simple accounting system

Hello,

FA is a vry flexible accounting system, by the month after month improvements it

seems is convering a wide variety of accounting needs.

I noticed that if I Stick to only the Modules :

Setup & Banking & General Ledger & Dimensions,

I can so easely do the Accounting excercises of my company without the

need for other modules except of Difining the Customers Or Suppliers (+ the

Definition of the Inventory location = used to setup the Co.).

Is it right or I am wrong, please advise.

From other side, I am wondering why you use :

- Purchasing/Payment to Suppliers
- Salses/Customers

although you have the Payments & Deposits Facility in the Banking & General Ledger Tab,Since those 2 Actions are not related to Invoices directly ?

Also if you permit me to ask : I think the work you are doing and improving in the Sales + Purchasing Modules are robust, but it needs :
- Simplify its entries and logics
- Arrange a help screen for those two Modules, since they need to, and nobody will understand the logic sequence  of it except of you.
this will help & diminue the Q&A related to those 2 parts.

Finally Congratulation for this system, who proved to be a simple/flexible package.

Regards,

Kalido

Re: I Think We Can Use the FA as a simple accounting system

Thanks for your nice words. Over the time several from the community pave promised to help with the documentations of FA. It certainly lacks some updating.
We try to inform the news in the sticky topics on this forum. There are many features both in the Sales and Purchase modules.
One way to monitor all the implementations would also be to read the CHANGELOG.txt that are included in the installation.
In the CHANGELOG.txt in our CVS on Sourceforge.net you will be able to see all the upcoming news for release 2.2, that are about to ship in a month or so.

The Deposit and Payments (to cusotmers/suppliers) in Banking & General Ledger are mainly unrelated to specific invoices. You can do a lot more transaction lines here. It is better to use the Customer Payment in Sales and Payment to Supplier in Purchasing for handling invoices.

Have you discovered the Quick Entries? They are good too.

/Joe