Topic: After Installation Import Transaction Module Destroy FA

hey,

can anyone help me regarding this module when i install and active this module its destroy the FA

i have attached image for better understanding

https://imgur.com/a/XehZzXB

tested on version 2.4.4 , 2.4.5 and v2.4.6

regards

*or any module is here for transaction import?

Post's attachments

TransImportModule_Break.png 32.9 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: After Installation Import Transaction Module Destroy FA

The Official Extensions repo has become a nightmare for some as they have not been updated properly by the respective authors / maintainers in recent times. Compounded with this is the fact that PHP/MySQL versions too have been rapidly evolving. Hence the onus is on the end user to take suitable precautions like this non exhaustive list:

1. Take backup before any new module installation
2. Read the module code if PHP savvy
3. Compare the code in the modules folder with those in the FA24Extensions repo and other repos and use your own judgement before relying on any source.
4. Search the forums and the wiki and other's weblogs for pertinent gotchas.
5. Rollback any bad extension install
6. Ensure that the FA DB schema is not changed on such roll back - a restore from backup is better and advised.
7. File additions/deletions and modifications especially in the various installed_extensions.php files need to be rolled back as well.
8. Many Charts of Accounts when taken from the official repo will not have their field name orders in synch with the default ones.

If you are dealing with a commercial / production installation, do not use FA (or for that matter any ERP) without professional assistance - smart people's time will need to be paid for well and are certainly worth much more than many dumb superior's salaries! Those who pretend to be "self-sufficient" IT heads responsible for FA in their organisations are actually doing a great disservice to their employers - all will be well till something goes wrong and then heads roll or a coverup occurs - either way FA gets a bad name!

hey,

Thanks for responding to me.
Well we have first worked on our demo server then went live.

Well, I have checked and replaced files download from your repo!

The module is now working but when we make .csv and upload it, it shows to me:

Bad debts using account 8100 (Reference: 101)
2:1065
Added to table 'bank_trans': 11, 2, 101, 10/01/2019, 1000, 0, (line 2 in import file journal_en_GB.csv')
Added to table 'gl_trans' Debit bank account: 11, 10/01/2019, 1065, 0, 0, 1000, Bad debts using account 8100 (Reference: 101) , 0, (line 2 in import file 'journal_en_GB.csv')
Debtors Control using account 1100 ( Person: 2, Reference: 101)
3:1060
Added to table 'bank_trans': 11, 1, 101, 10/01/2019, -1000, 2, 2 (line 3 in import file 'journal_en_GB.csv')
Added to table 'gl_trans' Debit bank account: 11, 10/01/2019, 1060, 0, 0, -1000, Debtors Control using account 1100 ( Person: 2, Reference: 101) , 2, 2 (line 3 in import file 'journal_en_GB.csv')
(Reference: )

This means there is no error but when we  checked the Journal inquiry nothing entry is recorded!

What can I do?

It appears that you are using the dry run method which is used for checking. Try the actual run choice.

hey,

thanks for respond to me;

well, i have un-tick the TRIAL RUN already the same this is occur i have also attached a image for you

https://imgur.com/a/M3hfkrF

Regards

Post's attachments

Import_settings.png 37.1 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Logout, close all browser instances and then login. Check the db that the serial numbers of the vouchers do not already exist in your FA instance. Then try it again.

hey, thanks for reply

well, i have checked it for the purpose of reference i used now 001/2019
for the DB issue,
i have created a new company such as demo and now try to do in it.
but nothing error is found and when we click process without trial its again show to me as i have disclosed image above.

can you please guide me for this or any other ways to do?

Check if the DB user in FA has the necessary permissions - use the debug feature in FA and check it out or take local professional assistance.

hey,

thanks for respond to me,

well, i am tried to encounter an errors which is i found is here

DATABASE ERROR : Could not query chart_master table
error code : 1064
error message : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '= account_code' at line 1
sql that failed was : SELECT account_code FROM 0_chart_master WHERE = account_code

any solutions?

This occurs because your CSV file is not properly formatted.
The list() statements in the files import_transactions.php and includes/import_transactions.inc populate the $code_id variable.

The possibilities where it could go wrong are at:

ST_JOURNAL:
  list($reference, $date, $memo, $amt, $code_id, $taxtype, $dim1_ref, $dim2_ref, $person_type_id, $person_id, $comments)
ST_BANKPAYMENT:
  list($reference, $date, $memo, $amt, $ignore, $code_id, $taxtype, $dim1_ref, $dim2_ref, $person_type_id, $person_id, $BranchNo)
ST_BANKDEPOSIT:
  list($reference, $date, $memo, $ignore, $amt, $code_id, $taxtype, $dim1_ref, $dim2_ref, $person_type_id, $person_id, $BranchNo)
ST_BANKDEPOSIT / ST_BANKPAYMENT:
  list($reference, $date, $memo, $amt, $code_id, $taxtype, $dim1_ref, $dim2_ref, $person_type_id, $person_id, $BranchNo)
ST_SALESORDER / ST_SALESINVOICE:
  list($customer_id, $branchNo, $reference, $date, $payment_id, $sales_type_name, $dimension_id, $dimension2_id, $item_code, $item_description, $quantity, $unit, $price, $discountpercentage, $freightcost, $delfrom, $deldate, $delto, $deladdress, $contactphone, $email, $custref, $shipvia, $comments, $exrate)

hey,

thanks for respond to me!

Encounter! Done!

well, i have one more question,

how can we remove the install/active extension files and use as manual installation via upload to modules folder because some of your install/active extension is not updated or maybe not download updated files from repo, so is there any possibility that we can break it or use a manual upload to modules/folder

https://imgur.com/a/c9Ccpu7

Post's attachments

AllExtensions.png 42.6 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Just install from official repo and then overwrite the files with the latest ones and then activate it for the desired companies and then activate the permissions for those companies roles.

The modules/_cache folder will have the remnants of module installations and the modules folder will have the module files in a fodler in it. Also the installed_extensions.php will have it listed if installed and will be also present in the various company counterparts where activated.

To manually install just copy over the module folder into the modules folder and then activate as normally done.