Topic: Creating a quote in version 2.1.4 + custom references

Hi,

I'm testing version 2.1.4 and have two questions:

How can I create a quote using FrontAccounting ?
I can only create orders, but a first step is often creating quotations.

Whenever I create an order 'our reference' is direct sale, but I want here a particular value. How do I do that ?

Kind regards

Re: Creating a quote in version 2.1.4 + custom references

Currently the only way to create quote is to entry sales order and print it as quotation. There is some chance to implement full quotes functionality in FA 2.2 which probably will be released in September.
Janusz

Thanks for the reply.
Where can I choose to print it as a quotation ? After choosing "Place Order", I can just print it or create a new order. Or am I missing something ?

Kind regards

This is option when printing Sales Orders from Customer and Sales Reports.
Janusz

Thanks!

This helps. I'm already looking forward to version 2.2 with full support for quotes.

Any ideas how to change the 'direct sales' references ?

Kind regards.

What is the problem with direct sales refs?
Janusz

We normally use references for quotations/orders/...
When I create a new sale, it always uses 'direct sale' for the 'our reference' field. We would like to have a unique reference for a sale ( reference on quote/order/... )
I don't know where/how to define this.

Thanks for your support and quick answers !

Currently 'our reference' field on invoices is used for name of salesman. In fact sales order does not have entry field for reference at all. I think this is one of those small things which should be changed, but there is always too little time to do it.
Janusz

Hi,

I was playing around with the CVS version of version 2.2 but could not find any references to quotations. Can you tell me where/how quotations are integrated ?

Kind regards

Both Sales Quotations and Sales Orders now have reference fields (2.2 late). They are in the upper left column. If these references is partly numeric (last characters) they are automatically incremented. They can, however, be overridden.
In the Sales Quotation Inquiry, you can create Sales Orders from Sales Quotations.

/Joe