Topic: Tax Included on Price

Sorry for may english, but I will do my best to explain my situation. I don't know is this issue has been explained on another thread, but I didn't find any information

In my country the price includes the tax, (12%) in the invoces we don't use a separate item to display the tax amount, but when it is registered in the GL the tax must be substracted

Item A - Price 100.00 (Tax Included)
Item B - Price 200.00 (Tax Included)

On the invoice

Qty - Description - Unit Price - Amont
1 - Item A - $100.00 - $100.00
2 - Item B - $200.00 - $400.00
Total...... $500.00

Account Receivable $500.00
Sales $446.42
Tax $53.57

How do I configure this on the tax groups ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Tax Included on Price

Normally if tax is included, you would print the amount of tax that are included, for those that need this information. If you don't want to print this information on the invoice, then you will have to remove the line in the report /reporting/rep106.php.

/Joe

Thank you for your answer.

My question is about configuration, I need to save the prices with the tax included, and perform the operation before the information is send to the GL. In order to register the values properly, Should I change the program to make the calculations and extract the tax from the price and save the transaction, as follows?

Account Receivable $500.00
Sales $446.42
Tax $53.57

You don't have to do anything specific to have the correct calculation. Just mark the Sales Type as Tax Included, then everything is done automatically. Try for yourself on the demo company.

/Joe

Well.... it may work with invoices generated through purchase orders but it does not work with additional GL entries. In that case I have to add sale tax (GST) manually as an extra GL entry.

Not all purchases require a purchase order, a delivery docket, etc.... some time I have just to enter a receipt for 2 coffees.

You can use the direct invoice in the Purchasing. Even if the PO is created in the background, you don't have to use it.

/Joe