Topic: Closing a fiscal year needs to update the query a bit.

The fiscal year close needs to change the query to get the amount.

It was now like this.

// retrieve total balances from balance sheet accounts
    $sql = "SELECT SUM(amount) FROM ".TB_PREF."gl_trans INNER JOIN ".TB_PREF."chart_master ON account=account_code
        INNER JOIN ".TB_PREF."chart_types ON account_type=id INNER JOIN ".TB_PREF."chart_class ON class_id=cid 
        WHERE ctype>=".CL_ASSETS." AND ctype <=".CL_EQUITY." AND tran_date <= '$to'";

And it should be like this

// retrieve total balances from balance sheet accounts        
        $sql = "SELECT SUM(amount) FROM ".TB_PREF."gl_trans trans LEFT JOIN ".TB_PREF."voided v ON trans.type_no=v.id AND v.type=trans.type INNER JOIN ".TB_PREF."chart_master ON account=account_code
        INNER JOIN ".TB_PREF."chart_types types ON account_type=types.id INNER JOIN ".TB_PREF."chart_class ON class_id=cid WHERE ctype>=".CL_ASSETS." AND ctype <=".CL_EQUITY." AND tran_date <= '$to' AND ISNULL(v.date_)";

I think we missed to check voided transactions before getting results.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Re: Closing a fiscal year needs to update the query a bit.

Which file is this in?

@rafat, numerous text editors have search in file functionality(Notepad++ for one), and it takes seconds to carry out

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

rafat wrote:

Which file is this in?

Fiscal years db file. The fiscal year close function

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@kvvaradha: Since you are making a LEFT JOIN for the voided entries, there could be many null voided entries in the result set that would have the v.date_ field as NULL anyway!

@joe: can polish it up and check and include it if needed.

But isn't the voided entries all set to 0 amounts? So in my eyes this is a redundant change, right?

Joe

7 (edited by kvvaradha 08/18/2018 12:11:29 pm)

joe wrote:

But isn't the voided entries all set to 0 amounts? So in my eyes this is a redundant change, right?

Joe

I guess you are right. But one of a FA user asked to check it,when he closes the fiscal year. he had some voided balance included in the balance. His version is 2.4.3.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Ok, let me investigate this a little more.

Joe

@joe: any developments?

No, not really. However in normal conditions the old code should work.

Joe