Topic: Can't log in after Maria Upgrade

Hello

I unintentionally initiated an upgrade of the database on our server to 10.1.29-MariaDB-6 (Ubuntu 18.04).

After the upgrade I could not use any of the database based applications we use including SuiteCRM, and Frontaccounting.  I eventually got PhpMyadmin to work and have basically accepted that my SuiteCRM data is lost.

On Frontaccounting the symptom is that the login screen comes up in the browser but the system will not accept any of the login credentials so I think there is more at play here than just a password restore.

We have about 10 small companies running on the system and I wanted some advise please on the best strategy to follow to recover the system?: Possibly a clean install followed by an import of each company's backup maybe?

Regards

Regards Barry

Re: Can't log in after Maria Upgrade

Could it be mysql user?

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

Re: Can't log in after Maria Upgrade

When any MySQL upgrade occurs, it may be necessary to upgrade the system tables as well. The my.cnf file may need to be checked for upgrade as well.

The following links may be useful:
* Upgrading from MySQL to MariaDB
* MySQL to MariaDB on Linux in 5 steps