Topic: Bank Account Payment Entry to Customer

Hello,
I am sorry, my English is not so good but I will write to you.
For a long time we are working on FrontAccounting 2.1.3, and we noticed that, as in previous versions, does not work Bank Account Payment Entry to Customer (https://frontaccounting.com/acc3/gl/gl_bank.php?NewPayment=Yes).
Bank Account Payment Entry to Customer (https://frontaccounting.com/acc3/gl/view/gl_trans_view.php?type_id=1&trans_no=12) process is OK, but display the same process of the customer_inquiry.php (https://frontaccounting.com/acc3/sales/ inquiry / customer_inquiry.php?) and (https://frontaccounting.com/acc3/company/1/pdf_files/4a606d3a11e57.pdf) is not ok.
Bank payment (Payment - GL) must be on Charges, not Credit side like (Receipt - GL).
If I did not explained the problem very well, I am here to tell you more details, I am also ready to give a donation, but Montenegro is not between the offered countries.
Best Regards,
slax

Re: Bank Account Payment Entry to Customer

Both the Customer Transactions as well as Supplier Transactions are positively, that is invoices are displayed as debits (charges) and payments/deposits are displayed as credits. The reason is to have a uniform way of display.

/Joe

3 (edited by slax 07/18/2009 09:38:10 am)

Hi,

It is OK with Supplier Invoice, Sales Invoice, Supplier Payment, Customer Payment but Bank Payment, Bank Deposite to customer is problem.
I think that is:
Supplier Payment = Bank Payment (on Credit side)
Supplier Invoice = Bank Deposite (on Debit(Charges)side)
and
Customer Payment = Bank Deposite (on Credit side)
Sales Invoice = Bank Payment (on Debit(Charges)side.
Reports on suplier_inquiry.php with
Supplier Payment = Bank Payment (on Credit side)
Supplier Invoice = Bank Deposite (on Debit(Charges)side)
works OK but report on customer_inquiry.php for
Customer Payment = Bank Deposite (on Credit side)
Sales Invoice = Bank Payment (on Debit(Charges)side)
is not ok becouse Bank Payment to Customer is on Credit side (no on Debit(Charges) side in order to be).

Thanks  and Best regards,
salx

Hello slax,
I am afraid that you have run into a bug. When the Bank Payment was used to pay a Customer (normally you use this for supplier payment) the amount was saved with a minus sign in the X_debtor_table (where X is the company number if you use table prefix).
As a side-effect you couldn't allocate this customer payment later, while is did not show up in the allocations.
This routine works OK the other way round (using the Bank Deposits for a Supplier Deposit), so no problem here. But,
The reports Customer Balances and Supplier Balances presented the wrong balance for this odd operations.
All this is now fixed in the CVS Main Repository. You can download the following files:
/sales/includes/db/cust_trans_db.inc - revision 1.7
/reporting/rep101.php - revision 1.7
/reporting/rep201.php - revision 1.7

Unfortunately the records are already saved in the X_debtor_trans table with this minus sign for trans type 1. You can use phpMyAdmin to edit your database, table X_debtor_trans and select View and find the records for trans type 1 and remove the minus sign from the amount.

Then everything will work ok.

/Joe

Joe,

Does this also include the situation I had?

Customer Branch A/R account = Bank Account

I tried voiding out those transactions and re-entering the customer payment hoping I would then be able to allocate it properly, but I get an error.

There are no unsettled transactions to allocate.

How do I unsettle the transaction so I can get it allocated properly?

tom

Look into the X_debtor_trans table to see if there are types 1 with a minus sign in front of the amount. If so, then remove the minus and download the new files from CVS.
Yes it might have got you trouble, because these payments (with minus sign) didn't show up in the allocation list.

/Joe

I think everything was ok in this table.

"9";"13";"1";"1766";"1859";"2009-06-23";"2009-06-23";"8";"1";"13";"7.1";"0";"15";"0";"0";"0";"1";"1";"24";"0";"0"
"14";"12";"2";"1766";"1859";"2009-06-23";"0000-00-00";"8";"0";"0";"0";"0";"0";"0";"0";"0";"1";"0";"0";"0";"0"
"24";"10";"0";"1766";"1859";"2009-06-23";"2009-06-24";"8";"1";"13";"7.1";"0";"15";"0";"0";"22.1";"1";"1";"9";"0";"0"

No negative numbers and allocation =0 on all but the last.

I ended up editing debtor_trans alloc=0 for the problem records.

tom

ok, thanks Tom,

/Joe

9 (edited by slax 07/22/2009 10:33:15 am)

Thanks Joe,

Can you send us a link to download the following files:
/ sales / includes / db / cust_trans_db.inc - revision 1.7
/ reporting/rep101.php - revision 1.7
/ reporting/rep201.php - revision 1.7
  on e-mail ?
We can not find where.

Best regards,
Slax

joe wrote:

Hello slax,
I am afraid that you have run into a bug. When the Bank Payment was used to pay a Customer (normally you use this for supplier payment) the amount was saved with a minus sign in the X_debtor_table (where X is the company number if you use table prefix).
As a side-effect you couldn't allocate this customer payment later, while is did not show up in the allocations.
This routine works OK the other way round (using the Bank Deposits for a Supplier Deposit), so no problem here. But,
The reports Customer Balances and Supplier Balances presented the wrong balance for this odd operations.
All this is now fixed in the CVS Main Repository. You can download the following files:
/sales/includes/db/cust_trans_db.inc - revision 1.7
/reporting/rep101.php - revision 1.7
/reporting/rep201.php - revision 1.7

Unfortunately the records are already saved in the X_debtor_trans table with this minus sign for trans type 1. You can use phpMyAdmin to edit your database, table X_debtor_trans and select View and find the records for trans type 1 and remove the minus sign from the amount.

Then everything will work ok.

/Joe

The link is:

/Joe