Topic: unable to update PO files using POEDIT

After setting up POedit as described on the FA website (in the download section).
I setup the path to my FA root.

Then I open the empty PO file which is included in the FA lang folder.

Now I choose to update from source, and it gives me the next error(s):

/tmp/poedit6MEY7L:10286: internationalized messages should not contain the '\r' escape sequence

Re: unable to update PO files using POEDIT

jackel7007,
Did you try to fix the settings in the editor as explained on Mantis?
Also I see another thread regarding the missing strings for translation. There was a missing _ (underscore) bebore the parantheses. Please check that this has been fixed in your source. The CVS Main repository is updated with this fix, but you can also fix that yourself, as told in the other thread.

/Joe

Joe, Yes I did, in fact those settings were already fine.

Well, I hope somebody using ubuntu can help here. I have a Windows developing environment.
You might try to download the frontaccount-2.1.3.tar.gz instead of the zip version. This version has been assembled by Janusz. He is using Linux as development environment.
And install this instead and extract the strings using this new installment. Maybe it is better.
And maybe somebody else can advise us here. I haven't heard about this line end problem before.

/Joe

5 (edited by jackel7007 07/16/2009 12:22:33 pm)

Joe,

in fact that did the trick!
The GZ file gives no erros, and the zipfile (same verion 2.1.3) does give erros.

So there seems to be a difference between these 2.
I used meldiff to check for changes in the PO file, but these are 100% identical.

I want to find out where the differences are, do you have a clue?

There is a difference in number of files, but in fact that shouldn't matter.
There are 2 files which are NOT included in the zip version:

sql/alter.sql
sql/alter2.sql