Topic: Entry customer payments and other payments in same form

Hi
Is it possible to Entry customer payments and other payments in same form (Journal Entry) or how can I do it?

In my case, we have a concert event were customers buy tickets and also buy membership in the same sales order. The membership need to be registered with name and address ... but not the cash tickets.

How is the best way to enter this to GL?

Re: Entry customer payments and other payments in same form

Payments must be made and allocated to bills. Bills are generated from one or more sales deliveries. Each Delivery pertains to one or more items of a single sales order.

Make a Direct Invoice for Cash Sales of Tickets.
Make a Credit Sales of Membership with member details and allocate the payment to it.

If you wish to manage the membership separately, the make an extension for it.

An extension may do the job, but I'm not sure you want to manage your memberships in your accounting software. I do something like this for a client with 65,000 members, and we keep a separate database for managing member information and interactions. We use a common account code to link the membership data with the accounting system, which keeps the accounting system isolated from many user errors. We can also allow users to manage their own record through a web interface, without letting them near the financial data.

FrontAccounting seems to have CRM features that may make it suitable for this, but I'm thinking you'll want to keep track of more information about your memberships.

vTigerCRM is one way to go where FA's account codes can be inserted into it and the CRM's member id can be inserted into  the chart_master.account_code2 field.

Thanks Amputhu and Oakstreet1 for your answer and advise.

In the first time I need to go for the "Make a Direct Invoice for Cash Sales of Tickets."

Maybe I will make an extension in the future for this and integration for membership.

https://www.dolibarr.org/ have a good membership module for free , but bad Accounting module.

is vTigerCRM also free?

vTigerCRM community edition is free.