Topic: negative inventory adjustment

in the item adjustment note, what is the positive/negative adjustment for?

my scenario is this:

i need to convert my 25-kilo flour into 1-kilo and 5-kilo packing. In my current system i can adjust the inventory: deduct 1 bag to my 25-kilo and add some 1-kilo and 5-kilo item. in front accouting, i cannot do this, i tried the manufacturing process but this won't work with my system.

Is there a work around for this adjustment?

Thanks,
Zedd

Re: negative inventory adjustment

What about making a negative adjustment with your item of 25 kg so it become 0. And then create 2 new items, one with 1 kg and one with 5 kg and make the positive adjustments on these. Then don't use the 25 kg item any more.

/Joe

joe, like if i have 5 sacks of the 25-kilo, i'll repack the 25-kilo to few bags of 1-kilo and few of 5-kilo pack.
it won't permit me a negative inventory, or to deduct 1 from the 5 sacks i have.

Hello Zedd. 
Start by creating 3 items, 25pack - 5pack and 1pack. If you buy 5 25sack from a supplier, first by PO to let's say 100. Then Receive the items from the supplier.
Now make a negative adjustment by 1 of the 25pack. This should go without problems. Did you forget to receive the items?
And use the 25pack to fill the 1pack and 5pack so it gets a total of 25 by positive adjustments.
I have tried this and this went like a charm.

/Joe

hi joe, this is repacking.

i purchased a 25-kilo item, and i will repack it into 1 and 5 kilos.

Maybe we need to look at WHY the manufacturing process did not work.

In my site I buy in 20kg buckets and repackage into 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1 and 5 lb packages.

I do two processes, first I manufacture my 1 x 20kg into 44 x 1lb and then
build the other products from the 1lb units.

tom

maybe we can have a more easy way to. like it can be made in 1 manufacture only, or maybe something like a repackage type of manufacturing, from a big bulk to smaller sizes... as long as you have the items, it will automatically add to the smaller sizes and deduct from the big bulk