Topic: Exporting reports to excel when using Arabic Language failed

when exporting reports to excel under Arabic language failed , but in english it is working fine

can you try this here in this link

http://infotechaccountants.com/fatraining/

user name : demouser
password : password

Thanks

Abdelhamid M. Abdelhamid - Partner & Managing Director
Abdelhamid & Co Certified Public Accountants & Auditors - UAE - Sharjah
(ACPA & IACPA) - (International Arab Certified Public Accountant)- IASCA Fellow Member
Mobile "WhatsApp" : +971 50 7948028

Re: Exporting reports to excel when using Arabic Language failed

Hello, Yes you are right. It doesn't trigger a download. At present I have no idea of why.
I don't know if setting $go_debug in config.php would detect errors or warnings, but you could try. You will not see normal reports but the internal PDF code if you use $go_debug.
Please also try the alternative XML interface, that can be dwonloaded from the Website.

/Joe

Fyi I just uploaded the last Arabic translations (also on sourceforge.net/projects/frontaccounting) from you to the Linux demo server . The Arabic language is set to utf-8. There is no problem downloading to Excel from here. If you have blocked for download, you may have to try twice to get the download. But no problems triggering the download.
Try for yourselves

/Joe

Actually the problem still continue with me and I have doubt about the file name because sometimes when the file name in Arabic some problems can be , I don't know but what I'm sure is to don't get excel feature in Arabic FrontAccounting will be a loss to Arab users
I hope we can find a solution for this issue

Thanks

(ACPA & IACPA) - (International Arab Certified Public Accountant)- IASCA Fellow Member

I hope you will find a solution. I'm afraid I can't help you with this. As you see it works on the demo server. The download filename is in English. I guess you will need some local expert help.

/Joe

6 (edited by infotechaccountant 05/23/2009 07:10:52 pm)

I think the only one can solve this problem the developer of Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer in Pear website and the only one can describe it you Joe because you are the developer of frontaccounting , so the problem description from my side as an Arab user is failing in sending the data to excel when selecting Arabic language from preferences of the user , but when selecting English language from the preferences of user it will export fine but if the accounts names in Arabic it will make coding display problem and the characters will be like this ????? 
you can open a ticket here to the developer of Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer
http://pear.php.net/package/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer
Once this one will be solved please you can update the Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer

Best regards

I don't understand why we can present the Excel export on the demo site (with Arabic Language) and you cannot. BTW the link you gave was broken.
Please, does anyone in the community have an explanation to this?

/Joe

8 (edited by infotechaccountant 05/25/2009 11:24:03 am)

joe wrote:

I don't understand why we can present the Excel export on the demo site (with Arabic Language) and you cannot. BTW the link you gave was broken.
Please, does anyone in the community have an explanation to this?

/Joe

Thank you Joe

you have to be patient little bit , all what I meant by adding those topics is to make the FrontAccounting the best free accounting solution .
I fixed the demo in the site and you can try it in http://infotechaccountants.com/fatraining , you will fine Arabic Template Ver. 212 company and try to export the chart of accounts to excel file

why this problem happen ? , we all have to answer this question for the potential new users of FrontAccounting

By the way I fixed the link , I think your developer know very well the link of Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer Package .

Thanks