1 (edited by alejreb 05/09/2009 01:48:27 am)

Topic: Strange Behaviour, es_AR

Hi All,
I've been retranslating es_CL to es_AR (a few regional differences and errors founded) I'm using PO-Editor as indicated

But the problem is when I browse different pages....

Main menu tabs are shown in english(sales, purchases, items and inventory, manufacturing etc etc )

Main titles inside are in spanish,

Link-subtitles beside arrows are in english

Inside pages are shown correctly in spanish....

Even with the original es_CL file the pages are shown as described....

I have been reinstaling the languaje files and delete any other languajes in my browsers (IE and Firefox) but still the same mixed thing....
Any clues?
also some reports and forms have main title in English with no chance of translation??? I mean: when pdf file is printed the gray title "SALES ORDER" is in english always and this is for any other printed forms too

Any help would be very nice....
I have no clues about what could be wrong, (maybe it's me of course...)

Many thanks in advance
Ale

Re: Strange Behaviour, es_AR

In release 2.1 many of the text in menus have an '&' inside it. This is accelerator keys. When preparing the translation files for 2.1, these translations were converted to fuzzy translations. Please check that all fuzzy translations become really translations. You have to confirm them all. And if you want accelerator keys, maybe you should set one.
The texts on the documents come from doctext.inc and doctext2.inc. The doctext.inc are translatable automatic to your own language via gettext. The texts in doctext2.inc are constant English texts. If you want your foreign invoices to be in another language, please translate the texts in doctext2.inc. This doctext2.inc is used if the customer is a foreigner (another currency than yours).

/Joe
BTW, please share your translations with us, when you are ready.

Hi Joe:
Many thanks for your answers
there are no fuzzy translations in the po file.
It's translated 100% no fuzzy
anyway I'll send my es_AR files to you for sharing and testing in another system
I'll browse into doctext.inc and doctext2.inc to translate headers as I need
please let me know what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks again
Ale

4 (edited by alfredok 08/21/2009 11:05:39 pm)

Hi Alejandro,

I had the same problem than you... and it made me crazy.

The problem is the cache of the explorer or the session of the web server, I think the session makes more sense.

I found that when accidentally I used Firefox instead of MS Explorer... when I changed to ffox everything went fine till I made more changes on the languages files, then I went back to IE and again.

If you restart the webserver it has the same effect.

I hope this helps.

Alfred