Topic: Auto e-mail when stock order reaches reorder level

I wanted to see if there is a way to get an Auto e-mail when stock order reaches reorder level.  By the way, this is a great webapp.

Re: Auto e-mail when stock order reaches reorder level

This seems to be a good idea, and we already have an email class in the system, so it should be quite easy to implement this. Probably we would need a flag in config.php for this, but this is not a problem.
We will try to get this in the next minor release. Have you any ideas about how to do this without having to many emails? Probably the best place to do this is when ordering/invoicing. And only when this happens the first time it should be sent.

/Joe

I agree.  A one-time re-order email should be sent to whatever parties selected.  However, even during a stock adjustment (say a damaged item) stock levels may fall below the reorder level, so I would say that the auto reorder email should be triggered no matyter what event causes a drop at or below the reorder level.

Also, since we are sorta on the stock area of inquiry, I was wondering if there is an easy way to mass import a list of inventory items with their parameters.  I am not very literate with SQL commands, but could use an existing SQL file with stuff in it as a model for me to use to import into my MySQL DB.  Do you have one?

Yes, an automatic trigger would be the best.
Regarding the import of stock items, the best thing to do is to look into the sql file en_US-demo.sql file inside the /sql folder. The table name for stock items is stock_master. First you se the table fields under CREATE TABLE and you see the records under INSERT INTO later on. Be aware of the reference fields to other tables.
We, or other, could problable write an import module for doing this. An idea would be to create a comma-separated list for the most common fields, and a form to pick up some default values. Such comma-separated list is easily created with Excel, right?

/Joe

Thank you, yes... using MS Excel, Wordpad, and notepad, I was able to import the stock list (over 12000 items).  Worked okay, but I had to import the sql using mysql cmd line (it timed out using phpmyadmin because php had timeout limit).

Please let me know if and what I can do to help develop the auto e-mail feature set.  I am not an expert with php, but can get around just fine with it.

Hello again,
This is another reason for makinge an import module for doing this. At the same time it would probably also be a good idea to make an import module for Customers. This way we could create a default branch for every customer after some criteria that could be picked up by a form.

Unfortunately I'm out of office the next week, but I would be keen on doing these import modules as well as the email notifications after that. It could probably be done within a week, and we would make a release 1.15.

/Joe

Thanks for your reply.  The mods sound good.  This will add feature sets that will rival or best that of other ERP/Accounting platforms that are opensource.  Your app is great in structure and the mods will help mature it.  I have one other question for now:  Is there a quick way to import stock counts for each stock item? 

Also, I reiterate my pledge to help out the project.  I am putting this system together as a demo for my small manufacturing company.  If I can present it matured (i.e. the auto-email feature especially), I can promise you a stipend, etc. for your assistance.  I have a couple of people working with me to try to sort out what is the best standard to use for barcoding (the system, the hardware, the import/export, etc).  I will get back with you soon regarding this.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday and thanks for your help and expeditious replies.