Topic: Print (PDF) is not working anywhere in 2.3.25

I have tried in Windows 7 64 bit with XAMP 3.2.2 and on a shared hosting account(on Linux). I also tested on offcial demo link of 2.3.25 here --> http://demo.frontaccounting.eu/ . Print invoice, print purchase order and any report which generates PDF are not working in Frontaccounting 2.3.25. it tries to load PDF, loading bar disappears and PDF popup does not open, no error is shown.

I uninstalled 2.3.25, installed 2.3.24 and printing in PDF started working. It seems to be a bug in 2.3.25

Re: Print (PDF) is not working anywhere in 2.3.25

Check the error logs and revert.
Since it works in 2.3.24, check out some intermediate versions of 2.3.24+ and see when it breaks.

I have some problem with my 2.3.25. print purchase order and any report which generates PDF are not working. Who can fix it?

Has anyone managed to resolve this? This is a very important feature which completely prevents the use of any version above 2.3.24. If nothing can be printed out, accounts are pretty much useless.

I think it's working fine.  Here I tested this two with mine.  It's working and generates pdf.

Are you sure.? 

Is ur browser opens other pdf files?

And which browser are you using?.
Can you show us a screenshot of the browser page after clicking the display pdf button.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

It is working fine with me also.

I think your browser is blocking pop ups. In Chorme at right corner of address bar a Red cross appears if the pop up of pdf is blocked.

www.boxygen.pk

It's chrome firewall might be preventing ad popups. So it's not allowing you. Just click on it and continue view pop-up from the url.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

It's not popup blocking.

Goto the Demo 2.3 on this very website, try and print a PDF. The green status bar appears just like normal then disappears and nothing happens. No pop ups appear.

Not only that, its broken in the Demo 2.4 RC1 on this website as well!

share the link of the demo with credentials

www.boxygen.pk

The official frontaccounting 2.3.25 demo page:

http://demo.frontaccounting.eu/

The official frontaccounting 2.4 RC1 emo page:

http://next.frontaccounting.eu/

Credentials are preloaded.

Goto Sales -> Customer and Sales Reports

Try print out any reports or receipts or invoices. It's broken.

On my company accounts, it broke when I updated to 2.3.25 within FA. I then deleted, did a fresh 2.3.25 install and found the same bug. I deleted it, reinstalled 2.3.24 and now I can print out pdfs with no problems.

Like I said before, without the ability to print out anything (reports, receipts, invoices, purchase orders, etc.) an accounting package becomes pretty much useless.

Yes, it appears broken in the online demos. Tested with FF 37 on WinXP SP3.

Is it that all reports are purposely disabled?
Data for the current fiscal year 2016 is there - any change in fiscal year needed?

@joe/Janusz - please fix it.

I don't think the reports are disabled, because if you select to output to excel it works. It's just that the print pdf feature is broken.

What I don't understand is that many people are currently using 2.3.25, how is it that there are such few complaints? I would think many people would be complaining about it. Or is it that generally people don't print out invoices and receipts? Is there anyone for whom this feature is working correctly in 2.3.25?

Since the anniversary update of MS Win10 there seems to be serious problems with PDF printing.

At least mine is displaying on the screen, but when I print the document it over print the line items with just black lines that nothing is displayed.

Found a temporary work around. When Print, select advanced on the printer menu and select print pdf as an image. Then it prints without the think black horizontal lines.

I am using 2.3.25 and it seems to open the pdf. It the PC you are using does not have Acrobat installed it will not open. Once Acrobat is installed, then it opens, but popups needs to be activated.

Wynand

Try the lightweight SumatraPDF instead.