1 (edited by kidzstang 03/08/2016 04:15:22 pm)

Topic: Wanting to fund sales taxable items by customer development

We sell products in a few different states in the US. Some states collect sales tax on every item that is sold, other states collect taxes only on specific items. I am looking to fund an effort to allow the item to be declared taxable at a rate that would be variable depending on the customer (which in my case is a state).

I would like to fund this only if the management at Front Accounting would allow this to be part of the basic product, thereby not creating any upgrade headaches for me.

What say ye?

Re: Wanting to fund sales taxable items by customer development

Do you have an e-commerce site?   if so, you may want to consider using free tax-cloud, which will insert the proper tax for each state/municipality for items marked 'taxable'.  In some states, it will also 'collect' and remit your quarterly taxes. Pretty awesome... and easy... Just a thought.....

All that is required is to manually create the taxes for each State in FA and backup the tax tables for import and use by others.

apmuthu wrote:

All that is required is to manually create the taxes for each State in FA and backup the tax tables for import and use by others.

I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you. I subscribed, but I guess I missed it.  I'm not sure that I understand your answer and would like to beg some more information.  Could you elaborate a bit more on this answer?  I thank you very much for your time.

Cheers,
jack