Topic: Query Simplification functions

Hi, 

I hope this functions will help you to simplify your query writing functions. Let's take a look at here. and give me your feedbacks and  I feel, this functions have to integrated on the forth coming release of FA.

KVcodes function for Database Query

Waiting to collect feedback from @Apmuthu, @joe, @Janusz

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Re: Query Simplification functions

Thanks for sharing this. I have seen similar approaches in various open source db classes.The idea is fine, but I also see some negative effects about this. For seasoned SQL writers, you can loose the overall view of your SQL syntax.
But let this be subject for discussion.

/Joe

of-course,  we can't get the SQL Syntax through this way. But for overall, we have to write more functions for some common operations, we can provide it as supportive one. Just a 5kb size  of functions will be useful for the new developers.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

4 (edited by apmuthu 12/11/2015 03:48:02 pm)

For generic CRUD type applications like phpMyAdmin, Adminer, etc, these functions are okay.

For some of the cases in FA where we predominantly have PHP based threshold WHERE conditions when a strange set of records with or without primary keys and/or structured generic JOINs needs to be selected or updated/manipulated we will end up making several atomized queries if we use the functions you suggest.

Also do not land up double db_escaping values!

However, most of the atomic changes can be accommodated using your functions and in the extreme, a SOAP API can be integrated into FA to perform such tasks generically other than for the exceptions in the light of optimization.

FluentPDO is one such PHP Library.
WordPress and Joomla have their own.
Time saving DB Functions
10 Useful PHP DB Functions | MySQLi variants

Which of your repositories has your functions.php file?

sorry, i am not clear, are you asking the example code or my php file with these functions.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

In your article, you stated:

So I wrote the following functions which are also available in my github page for download.

Which github page of yours has the functions?