Topic: Keen on translating

Are you keen on translating the language PO files, you can download either an empty PO file to start from scratch, or you kan take over an existing file that is not yet completed. You will find the files in the download section. Please let us no if you do, so we can coordinate it. Two or three people shouldn't do the same thing, right? Then we are better of proofreading existing translations, don't you agree?

admin.

Re: Keen on translating

I want to translate and if possible help the project, but I am not knowing how to translate, using poedit only can'tI translate, I do not know how to use the poedit.Se someone tell me how to translate! ,, Thanks since.

I answered you by email too. But here is my answer. Other might be interested in this.
-----------------------
It is very easy to do the translations with the poEdit program. Open the poEdit and fron poEdit open the PO file from the zipped pt_BR.zip package. You must unzip this zip file first. When you have opened the PO file it is straight forward to do the translation. There is also a comprehensive help on how to use poEdit. Everytime you save your work, both a MO file and a PO file are created. You could from time to time upload these files via FrontAccounting, Setup tab, Install/update languages. If you haven't installed your language yet, do it now. You can always edit your language and upload new MO and PO files.
How to change to your language.
Go to the user setup section, in the Setup. Select the user, e.g. admin, and change the language to the newly installed language. Logout and login again and now it should show your language, at least what you have translated so far.

Happy translating.

/Joe
--------------------------

Dear Joe:
I am using version 1.14 (build 79) and I followed the instruccions to load es_PA (spanish from Panama) PO y MO files: setup>install/update languages and I assigned that language to a user: setup> user/account setup > select the user>edit and set laguage.
But when I loging with that user, the language is still English.

Am I missing some step?

es_PA PO y MO Files are 95% transalted to Spanish.

Dear Administrators,

Can't believe the effort You're making here with this great project. I'm new to all this, but i downloaded the ar_EG.zip language file, made a lot of modifications, and would like to contribute it. it's not finished yet, but i will keep modifying and reviewing it with the help of a professional accountant.
Thanks again for Your great effort.
Ahmed

P.S.: will for sure make a grateful donation to Your project as soon as my business is up and running smile

Thanks for your contribution. It warms our hearts. Did you see the oppurtunity to select jalali or islamic calenders as well. See in config.php. I don't know if you are using it, but they are there for your pleasure.

We also need some better fonts for the PDF presentations. There are some links around the website about it (Download Language page and some Feeds pages). The Farsi font we have tried is not the best one. There are some problems with it. If you have the time and interest you could probably dig into this a bit to get optimal solutions.

/Joe

I have updated the Spanish translation (Argentine version) for R 2.0 and would like to share it. Please tell me how to send you the files

Thank you very much for your effort. You can send the file to me, or better to joe who is responsible for download sections on sf and frointacconting.com as well (Joe i currently out of office till next monday). Our email addresses you will find on pw.

Janusz

I am translating Croatian. From the start.

Will post it soon.

With kindest regards,

Tihomir Cvetkovic

Thanks Tihomir.
Janusz

I've installed the 2.3RC1 version, and I noticed that the chinese(simple) language is out of date. Please contact me if there are still some work not assigned to others, and I'll glad to do that!

The simplified Chinese, zh_CN still needs some translation, while the zh_TW is almost complete. So please take over the translation and share with us when you are finished. Please upgrade to 2.3.2 also.

/Joe

13 (edited by sbc19861004 02/22/2011 05:23:43 pm)

joe wrote:

The simplified Chinese ...
/Joe

Hi, Joe. I've installed the 2.3.2 version and the zh_TW language package from the FA repository. But the language package version is still 2.3.0 which merged from 2.2. While left a lot modules like "dimession" not translated.
My question is: is that version the newest one? Or may be I 've installed the package in a wrong way(I installed the language package from FA repository in the install wizard).While also, the zh_CN version is also in 2.3.0 which merged from 2.2. So, i think may be I get the wrong package. So, where can I get the latest zh_TW language package?

Thanks you!
/eagle

The language files that you install from the global repository are the last ones, however some of them may need a merge with the empty.po file that are destributed with FA.
But you can translate the file and we can run a final merge after the translation.

/Joe

I have corrected the Swedish language file, so it should be up to date for this last version. I will be sending along as soon as I can find the e-mail address...

/Brian

You can use the contributions email stated on the Contact Us page.

/Joe

any one has farsi po file ??
i tried to translate it myself,,i got arabic one and translated some of them to test ..
then when i tried to upload it as a new language ... there is a warning in top of the page ..
i dont know what it is but i'm trying so hard ..
please help me on this ..
thanks ...

Hi:

A question: The translated .po file must have only the relative path?
I'm working on es_CL, Español (Chile) language (UTF-8).

Thanks.
Caribe95

PD: Español (Chile) = Spanish (Chile)

Hi, I want to translate Chinese Traditional Taiwan. I down the file zh_TW221. Is it correct?

It is said 50% done but I find most are translated but not all are so correct.

Please install /activate the language from setup page in FA to ensure you get the latest version.

Read here in a sticky topic about how to merge the language file with the latest empty,po file.

Happy translating. And please share the final translation with us.

Joe

Hi, Joe,

Got it. After the translation, will share with you for sure!

Is there some sort of repository for FA? I have been busy with finishing my degree so I haven't been keeping the Swedish language file up to date. Now that Iam done with school I wanted to work with FA some more, only to find the Swedish file in dismay. I didn't keep a copy of the language fileI did earlier, but it would be a great help to merge the last one I did with the lastest version. Is there any way of doing this, or am I going to have to go through the whole file again?

Brian

Yes, there is a repository. Download and install a copy of FrontAccounting from sourceforge.net/projects/frontaccounting .

After install you can go into setup tab, and install / activate languages. You will find a Swedish language here.
You can use the program poEdit to continue on the file.

After finishing the translating, please share it with us.

Joe

I have translated the Asset Register Module to Norwegian with poEdit. Should I merge this translation with the main nb_NO translation or should I install this in the asset_register/lang directory?

Yes, keep the translations for Modules inside the moduls own lang directory.

/Joe