Topic: Add 'Location Code' or 'Delivery from Location' to Delivery Note

May I know how I can add 'Delivery from Location' or 'Location Code' in Delivery Note?

Thank you.

Re: Add 'Location Code' or 'Delivery from Location' to Delivery Note

There could be several items in a delivery note coming in from different locations. (@joe: clarification)

If your business process confines items ion a delivery note to be from just one location, you might want to edit the header function of the report - See the Wiki.

The Delivery Note or Packing Slip is, in my opinion, sent to the Customer together with the Items.

Don't you think that this info is more relevant on the Sales Order? I guess the Sales order is often used internally for picking up the merchandise.

If this info is wanted on the Sales Order, it could be placed after the Item Lines.

Joe

Thanks for your replies. Yes our business process requires 'Delivery from Location' shown in the Delivery Notes. Our warehouse staff pack goods based on the Delivery Notes while we store different batches of the same product model in different locations so 'Delivery from Location' must be shown in Delivery Notes so our warehouse staff can know what batches of goods to collect.

Under 'Deliveries Against Sales Orders', the Sales can select which Location the goods should be delivered from. This is what I want to show in the Delivery Notes too.

I followed all instructions at the link below:

https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Help.BinLocationsInPackingList

After the changes, however when I press the 'Print' button for Delivery Notes, the system loads for 2 seconds but no report shown. The 'Print' button for Sales Invoices and other reports work fine.

I tried removing the file company/0/reporting/rep110.php and the 'Print' button for Delivery Notes worked again. However the shown results are the same as before all the changes made.

What should I do to show 'Delivery from Location' on Delivery Notes for each item or on the overall report? Thank you.

Besides, I have an issue with the line below shown in the Wiki

https:/sourceforge.net/p/frontaccounting/mercurial/ci/5775c5de697a059c27e3e4786aeb7b8cedc4dfdf/tree/reporting/includes/reporting.inc?diff=5932dac9045dea6cfdcf314f4d09897232b82828

$def_orientation = (user_def_print_orientation() == 1 ? 1 : 0);

The system says user_def_print_orientation() is undefined.

Thank you.

The function user_def_print_orientation() is present only in FA v2.4.x beta and not in FA v2.3.x.

If you want the modded and backported version of the said file, then take it from my FAMods.

Thank you.

May I know if there is any way to show 'loc_code' or 'location_name' on Delivery Note in FA v2.3.x.?

If this info is wanted on the Sales Order, how can i add after the Item Lines?

Thank you.

Which item's location code/name do you want to display?
Each item can have same or different location code/name.
Is it necessary for the customer to be aware of the location code/name?
You can enter it in the memo / text line or hack the report t do so.