Topic: Changing Chart of Accounts type *after* setup of hosted account

Hello.

I have my FrontAccounting system hosted at my.frontaccounting.com. I originally chose the 8-digit chart of accounts, but I would like to change to either 4- or 5-digit chart of accounts.

I have followed the instructions on the wiki, but I do not have an "Install" section in my Setup tab. I am a system administrator, so I have full access to the system, but there is no option to install a new COA (and there is also no option for me to create a new company).

So is there a way for me to change the COA on a hosted account?

Thanks

(I have also submitted a support request, but I'm not sure how quickly it will be addressed.)

Re: Changing Chart of Accounts type *after* setup of hosted account

1. Take a backup of your existing FA from within the Web GUI.
2. Copy the admin username and password hash from the users yable in the backup.
3. Download the 4 or 5 digit CoA of your choice from the official repo or from my GitHb repo.
4. Copy the username and password into the users table data and make sure the table prefixes are matched.
5. Restore the 4 or 5 digit CoA from the repo into your FA.

3 (edited by ffx 09/12/2015 12:26:53 am)

Thanks!

So my only other concern at the moment: I already have some journal entries. If I switch the CoA, how does the system deal with re-mapping the 8-digit account numbers/names to the 4- or 5-digit CoA? I imagine that could be a big mess.

It does not - but you could do a search and replace for those insert statements in the backup and then restore.