Topic: New installation and default Admin email address

I am not sure if anyone is aware of this, but, when a new FA company is set up, the default admin email is "adm@adm.com". However, the domain "adm.com" is already a sold domain. I am just wondering that, if a new FA user is not aware of the immediate need to change her/his admin email, there is the possibility that an email could be sent in error to "adm@adm.com".

Would it be better to have the default admin email address be something more like "Please@ChangeThisEmail.address" or "ChangeThis@Admin.EmailAddress" or some "dead" email address where the likelyhood of an email sent in error to "adm@adm.com" NOT be sent?

It would not surprise me if the site "adm.com" would have a "catch-all email" setup for "*@adm.com" to catch any stray emails sent to their domain address.

Marc

Re: New installation and default Admin email address

admin@example.com is the way to go as it cannot be sold.

Should this then be suggested as a bug? of request? or, is it just OK to leave this comment here for someone at FrontAccounting to pick up the suggestion and make the change?

I am new to FrontAccounting and am not sure if there is a protocol on how to submit these.

Marc

The FA Mantis Bug Portal is where it generally goes, but the devs can take it from here as well.