1 (edited by Marc Paré 05/10/2015 12:37:17 pm)

Topic: COA Canadian non-profit

Does anyone have a suggestion for a new installation of a Canadian non-profit COA? Is there a COA for Canadian non-profit available for FA?

I am new to FA and would like to set it up for our group.

I have found this recent resource that suggests the setup for a COA for a medium sized orchestra non-profit which looks like it would suit our group. The document can be found here http://orchestrascanada.org/wp-content/ … counts.pdf

Any suggestions?

Marc

Re: COA Canadian non-profit

Please compare the latest sql/en_US-new.sql with the official Canadian CoA pkg for field order errors before using it.

I am just now, finally getting back to this.

I have entered my chart of accounts and wonder this:

* For North America (Canada/USA): Is there a numbering scheme or convention, that N. American Chartered Accountants follow when adding additional Chart of Accounts (COA) categories? Is the numbering scheme mentioned in this link (1) valid category numbers to use in a new FA Canadian setup? I used the FA "English Canadian COA - General" and added the extra account categories to it.

* If the numbering for these new categories is OK, I wonder then, would it then be possible for me to send a blank backup of my setup to someone at FA so that it may be changed and offered as "English Canadian COA - NFP Charitable Medium-Sized Orchestra"? I think the setup may be of value as a FA COA to anyone else who may be looking at FA to manage a medium-sized orchestra. At least it will set them up quickly for their orchestra with Canadian categories.

Marc

(1) http://orchestrascanada.org/wp-content/ … counts.pdf

4 (edited by apmuthu 06/30/2015 11:24:00 am)

Nice template to start with. The devs can fashion one for the official repo.

That would be just wonderful! Do I need to submit anything or is the link to the .pdf enough for the devs to work from?

Marc

The devs will generally hammer out one when they have time - priorities.....