1 (edited by Mixu 04/30/2015 09:26:40 am)

Topic: Demand column has negative values

Hi,

I have few items in my inventory which have negative value in demand column in Stock Check Sheet. What would be the most reasonable root cause for this?

For instance on item has following "status":
quantity = 0, demand = -1, available = 1, on order = 0.

Any hints?

Thanx,
Mika

Re: Demand column has negative values

The values from the demand column are the items on Sales Orders not yet delivered. If this is -1, it means that there is 1 items on a Sales Order not yet delivered.

It could also be item values from Work Order BOMs, not yet produced.

On Order means values on purchase orders not yet delivered.

/Joe

I'm a bit confused; If "-1" means there is 1 item on a Sales Order not yet delivered, then what positive "1" means in the same context?

Thanks, Mika

Well, I guess you should read -1 as 1 out, right? This column will never hold any positive values, I guess.

/Joe

Well, some of my items has positive demand number... that's why I'm confused.

I am not at office at present.

Will have a look when I am back

Joe

I guess it should be positive values here, so forget what I said about negative values is out.

I cannot explain why you have a negative value. It seems like that in some way there have been an over delivery. It may also be because you have 'allow negative stock' checked in Company Setup.

Will you do me a favour and look at your Sales Orders? Look how many items have been delivered and match them to ordered Items.

Maybe you can spot an error somewhere.

If you use manufacturing, Advanced Assembly, there might also be some strange values. I am not sure, but there must be something causing the negative values.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Joe, thanks for your answer.

It might be too laborious to go through those sales orders so looking for 'dirty fixes'. Anyway, I will try to find deviations with a quick peek.

I have allowed negative stock, so in that sense this kind of behavior is possible. But how this can be fixed (=set negative numbers back to zero or something else)? Can I somehow adjust 'demand' manually or by altering database?

Br,
Mika

9 (edited by Mixu 05/06/2015 06:35:13 am)

Joe, one question: From which database table(s) "Stock Check Sheet" is created? This information would help me a lot in solving this problem. I already verified that '-1' was due to delivering stuff which was not in the warehouse at the time of delivery.

Br,
Mika

You can see the Sql sentences in file /includes/db/manufacturing_db.inc.

The sentences are in function get_demand_qty().

Also function get_demand_qty_asm show some sql sentences.

Joe

11 (edited by Mixu 05/07/2015 07:58:39 am)

Hello Joe,

thank you for all your help! I have now identified the problem and made corrections accordingly. For some reason two sales orders had mismatch between quantity ordered versus quantity delivered. The only mystery is that I can't find any delivery notes showing that delivery was done double times or so. As long as there is no delivery note showing that quantities are exceeded, I cannot point out the real reason why this happened (e.g. human factor). For the first mentioned sales order I remember that we delivered half of the items in a first shipment. After that we slightly modified the sales order and then delivered the rest. Maybe this has led to this situation - cannot say...

Anyway, I directly edited the database from table 'sales_order_details' and now inventory seems to be in balance again.
.:Solved.

Thanx, Mika

Your costing tables and inventory movements too may need to be changed.